Photo
- - - - -

Don't get ahead of yourselves...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#13 IIII 47 IIII

IIII 47 IIII

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 05 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

From a Cards fan:

Who knows man. It really all depends on which Cardinals show up. I mean, we gave you guys a heck of a game, as well as the Giants, then we get completely embarrassed by both the Vikings and Eagles (I'm not counting the Pats game because we clearly didn't get off the plane for that travesty)

Honestly, are the Vikings and the Eagles that much better than the Panthers and Giants?

The answer is no. My Cards are a fairly young team (other than Pop Waner obviously) and sometimes we just dont show up. I guess it's a lack of maturity, how else am I to explain it?

If the awesome Cards show up, you guys will have your hands full and it will be a great game...

If the other Cards show up? Good luck in the NFC Championship. :( Remember to rest your starters after halftime.

Yea the Cards deff have alot of weapons that make me a bit nervous. I just feel the Cards have too much going against them in this matchup. They have to fly east to play a well rested and hot Carolina team. Theres also the fact that all 8 teams that came to play at BoA, went away with a loss. Still tho, its the playoffs and i expect a tough game.

#14 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:50 AM

I don't think this will be a low scoring game, and by no means a blowout unless Arizona just has a bad day.

But I think being physical with them and running down their throats is the key. Let's not compare Atlanta's running game and team led by a Rookie QB in AZ to Jake and arguably the best and most dynamic running game in the NFL at home.

Running is the key here. We need to run, and shave time off the clock. That will put pressure on Warner. And even though they have no problem passing the ball, under pressure, it may force Warner into a mistakes and our safeties could actually show up and maybe even get an interception or two.

Not looking for a blowout but there is nothing wrong with feeling optimistic for a change. Let them surprise and shock us if they can, but I feel good about this match up in Charlotte.

#15 Gokz1000

Gokz1000

#1 BDJS

• PipPip
ROOKIE

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:56 AM

Hmm, lets see, last time we played them, they were on route to an upset if not for a tipped pass that ended up in Jon Beason's hands.

This time, Ken Lucas has some how gotten worse at corner backing and the interior of our D is banged up.

Somehow I don't see this one being easy at all.

#16 PantherFanForLife

PantherFanForLife

Banned

Banned

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:35 AM

I am a bit worried about our D. Hopefully we can come back to the D we were that stopped the best running backs in the NFL early in the season. I think a lot of it late in the season had to do with them being banged up and tired. Hopefully the bye week helped.

But come on, no reason to be THAT worried about the Cards. We have problems, but so do our opponents.

#17 Kyle82

Kyle82

HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:58 AM

If our defense can play ALL 4 quarters, we should be able to win this one.

#18 Cyclonus

Cyclonus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:01 AM

We're the fans. We're allowed to get ahead of ourselves. As long as the Panthers don't we'll be fine!