• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#46 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 08:38 AM

Tommorow you get beaten by the real State.

Should be interesting to see how that game goes. Carolina only has 2 wins on the road this year...

#47 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:56 PM

They have 3 now, and that was the #1 seed they just beat on the road. They damn sure didn't get the favorable calls today either.

#48 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

They have 3 now, and that was the #1 seed they just beat on the road. They damn sure didn't get the favorable calls today either.

Yep...especially the last 2. Ginyard didn't touch the guy...the dude tripped over his teammates foot. And Henson didn't touch the guy on the last foul called either. Would have sucked if we would have lost but we didn't.

#49 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:05 PM

Yep...especially the last 2. Ginyard didn't touch the guy...the dude tripped over his teammates foot. And Henson didn't touch the guy on the last foul called either. Would have sucked if we would have lost but we didn't.

Yeah, Ginyard definitely got screwed. I wouldn't have even brought it up if certain fans of UNC's rivals weren't already complaining about this stuff though.

#50 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

Yeah, Ginyard definitely got screwed. I wouldn't have even brought it up if certain fans of UNC's rivals weren't already complaining about this stuff though.

Most of the people who complain about foul calls are bitches...true story. Everybody should know that refs miss calls, like the ones against UNC today. Just because the fouls were called doesn't mean there is some kind of conspiracy. I can easily see how the refs made those calls against Ginyard and Henson. They have to make calls in an instant and don't have the benefit of rewinding and playing it back in slow motion like we do. That's why I didn't immediately make a bitch ass thread about it when it happened.

Edited by stankowalski, 20 March 2010 - 01:12 PM.

#51 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

The last 2 games for them have been the most fun I've had watching this team all season... Henson has really came into his own since Davis went down, and even Drew has turned it up a notch of late... He was driving and dishing like a pro today, and that last shot to win it was huge... Give him a couple people like Barnes and Bullock who can score, and I think Drew will be just fine... Ginyard, on the other hand, has been just plain horrible... I like the kid, but I'll be glad to see him graduate...

#52 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

Great game to watch. Nice win for UNC. Henson, if he stays long enough, will be a dominate player.

#53 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:30 PM

The last 2 games for them have been the most fun I've had watching this team all season... Henson has really came into his own since Davis went down, and even Drew has turned it up a notch of late... He was driving and dishing like a pro today, and that last shot to win it was huge... Give him a couple people like Barnes and Bullock who can score, and I think Drew will be just fine... Ginyard, on the other hand, has been just plain horrible... I like the kid, but I'll be glad to see him graduate...

Ditto on Drew. As for Henson...isn't it great that he's done so well at playing the 4 when certain people were adamant that he couldn't play the 4? Granted, he would be much better with 30 lbs. of muscle attached to his frame, but he's done much, much better at the 4 than at the 3. And thankfully, once Barnes arrives, Henson won't play any at the 3 and he can concentrate all his time at the 4 and really start to dominate. He just needs time and he's gonna be really, really good.

#54 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:38 PM

Banks aren't open that late on Saturdays. This win is tarnished.

#55 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:39 PM

Ditto on Drew. As for Henson...isn't it great that he's done so well at playing the 4 when certain people were adamant that he couldn't play the 4? Granted, he would be much better with 30 lbs. of muscle attached to his frame, but he's done much, much better at the 4 than at the 3. And thankfully, once Barnes arrives, Henson won't play any at the 3 and he can concentrate all his time at the 4 and really start to dominate. He just needs time and he's gonna be really, really good.

Can you envision a rotation of Davis, Zeller, Henson, Bullock and Barnes? Even if Davis jumps, that's still one hell of a solid rotation...

#56 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:40 PM

When he let that one fly I was screaming how stoopid he was at the TV........ 2 seconds later though.... lol

#57 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

The Bank of Carolina is always open...and don't you forget it. Oh, and good luck getting beat by Wake Forest tonight.

Edited by stankowalski, 20 March 2010 - 01:59 PM.

#58 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:49 PM

Hey, if it goes in, it counts. God knows we have had to watch way too many misses on wide open looks this season.

Seriously though, these have been two great games. Earlier in the year, if UNC would have started a game on the wrong end of a 16-4 run, they would have been toast, but this team is finally learning how to fight back.

#59 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

The Bank of Carolina is always open...and don't you forget it. Oh, and good luck getting beat by Wake Forest tonight.

I think our biggest test, bigger than Wake or West Virginia, will be Round Three vs. Cornell.

A serious question, have you seen a more poorly coached team than Miss. State? They had us beat, dead to nuts, twice this year. Both times his coaching did them in. You're up 16-4. The one thing you don't want is a bunch of quick three pointers where none of your guys are in position to rebound. Yet that's exactly what they did. Couple more points on that lead and the Heels would have folded, I think.

#60 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:14 PM

I think our biggest test, bigger than Wake or West Virginia, will be Round Three vs. Cornell.

A serious question, have you seen a more poorly coached team than Miss. State? They had us beat, dead to nuts, twice this year. Both times his coaching did them in. You're up 16-4. The one thing you don't want is a bunch of quick three pointers where none of your guys are in position to rebound. Yet that's exactly what they did. Couple more points on that lead and the Heels would have folded, I think.

That's what they do though. If they get an open look at a 3, they're gonna take it every time. They got that early lead the same way they lost it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.