• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

Moore was a fine nickel back, but as an every down corner, well, he was serviceable. Good, but not outstanding. He is, however, better than a number of teams' starting corners and conceivably get some attention in the near future. Who knows, perhaps he's already fielded a phone call or two.

But not showing up for optional off-season conditioning doesn't mean he's just waiting for a ticket out of here. It could mean he had some vacation plans that conflicted with the schedule.

Not being offered a big contract by the Panthers this year also doesn't mean that he isn't valued highly. He just isn't valued highly enough at this time for them to extend a big dollar contract that might have to be paid (guaranteed money) next year when the league shuts the doors.

I think everyone realises that it is not as simple as him wanting out and thus he does not go to the program.

It's more his previous agents claims AND the fact we tendered him low. If he really were that valued, he would have been tendered at a 1st at the least. Instead we endanger alienating him, by announcing that we have far more important players on our roster, which considering his previous agents claims, likely will not sit well with him.

As much as players hate RFA tenders, they also are quite egotistical about them.

I still doubt we have any way (short of a FT) of preventing him from hitting free agency next season.

#47 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:02 AM

I have a sub 90 IQ.

I never said to put a 5th round tender on them. If you want to keep a player while staying fiscally responsible, you put on the tender just above the level that you think another team would be willing to pay. I could see another team giving up a 2nd for either TD or MM, so you apply the 1st round tender. Anymore is overpaying.

Of all the things to bitch about........

You have selected the insufferable fiscal burden that is the difference of a 1st round tender and a 1st and 3rd round tender.

Think maybe that extra money is the Panthers throwing a "bone" to two young players who MIGHT be part of the foundation of the future ?:Yawn:

It's more his previous agents claims AND the fact we tendered him low. If he really were that valued, he would have been tendered at a 1st at the least. Instead we endanger alienating him, by announcing that we have far more important players on our roster, which considering his previous agents claims, likely will not sit well with him.

Coddling marshalls ego ranks right up there with what Mic Mixon thinks of the roster in one of his useless clips on Panthers.com

#48 Urrymonster

Urrymonster

• HUDDLER
  • 2,264 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:09 AM

Coddling marshalls ego ranks right up there with what Mic Mixon thinks of the roster in one of his useless clips on Panthers.com

I completely agree, just trying to explain to whoever it was that Marshall could be a little butt hurt by this off season.

#49 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,566 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Let him be.
This is a business, not a fuging feel good help seminar.

#50 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:10 AM

Think maybe that extra money is the Panthers throwing a "bone" to two young players who MIGHT be part of the foundation of the future ?:Yawn:

That is pretty much what I have been saying all along and for which you apparently agree with. The Panthers threw these players a "bone" (i.e., overpaid) because they are buying favor with those players for the future and not because those players commanded those RFA tenders.

#51 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:16 AM

Davis is going to come back next year and have a pro-bowl season. Truth.

#52 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:17 AM

This bitch has not improved steadily. That's a flat out lie. He came into the league like gangbusters with hard hitting and big plays and then once he became part of the corner rotation got burned like every other play. His tackling went from awesome to below average. Inexplicable drop off in play once Lucas was gone.

#53 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

Davis is going to come back next year and have a pro-bowl season. Truth.

Maybe, and I certainly hope so. His effectiveness is built on his speed and tackling ability. Hopefully the speed is still there.

#54 pantherfan49

pantherfan49

Angry inventor

• HUDDLER
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:23 AM

This bitch has not improved steadily. That's a flat out lie. He came into the league like gangbusters with hard hitting and big plays and then once he became part of the corner rotation got burned like every other play. His tackling went from awesome to below average. Inexplicable drop off in play once Lucas was gone.

Vagrant and I agree. :confused:

I think his agent has gotten into his head.

#55 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

Chris Harris' opinion on it:

He'll be fine. He's hard working and self motivated.

http://twitter.com/C...tus/10568013649

I'll trust what Harris says over any other baseless speculation.

#56 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,701 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:25 AM

So one injury = bum knee ?

smh

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

#57 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 39,917 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:36 AM

Moore was a fine nickel back, but as an every down corner, well, he was serviceable. Good, but not outstanding. He is, however, better than a number of teams' starting corners and conceivably get some attention in the near future. Who knows, perhaps he's already fielded a phone call or two.

Matt or Kenneth? :sosp:

(I know who you meant) :cool:

I'm not sure how Meeks feels about Marshall, honestly. It's been said before that Meeks' system does not require premiere corners. Add in that Fox went to the Super Bowl with two guys that were better run stoppers than cover guys.

In the end, I think Marshall signs the tender and is back here starting this season. After that, who knows?

#58 necroplasm

necroplasm

• HUDDLER
  • 2,092 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:38 AM

This is the result of Fox's new love affair with Captain Muddlehead. Like Delhomme, I'm sure that Muddlehead is a whiz on the practice field

:lol:

#59 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

only problem .. correct me if im wrong .. but there arn't really any corners that jump out at me in the draft i believe joe haden is a little overated , someone would have to take marshalls place assuming munnerlyn isn't promoted ?

Three CB's in the 2nd round that could make a significant impact are Kareem Jackson, Devin McCourty, and Parrish Cox.

Any of those guys would do a great job replacing Marshall. Devin McCourty is basically a Marshall clone.. and the other two guys are great man-to-man corners like Gamble..

#60 The Link

The Link

Satire Enthusiast

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 10:47 AM

Only a Sith deals in absolutes

Wise this one is. When I can, rep you, I must.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com