Photo
- - - - -

Florida Pro Day reports:

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:38 PM

http://twitter.com/kmaistri

He is reporting live from the Florida pro day and says that DE Carlos Dunlap has been working with a Panthers coach for 15 minutes. Also has a quote from John Fox on The Golden Calf of Bristol

#2 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 12:41 PM

Spikes runs a slow 5 flat and even slower on second try, Haden improves his 40 time. I see Spikes stock falling even though the guy has always been able to make plays.

#3 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:09 PM

Carlos Dunlap is a physical freak.. reminds me of Peppers a little bit, in terms of size. Not as freakish as Pepp but still.. he also said his #1 team would be the panthers. Would love to have him even though he has minor character concerns.

#4 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,715 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

Carlos Dunlap is a physical freak.. reminds me of Peppers a little bit, in terms of size. Not as freakish as Pepp but still.. he also said his #1 team would be the panthers. Would love to have him even though he has minor character concerns.

If he is there he will be our pick IMO. Not really the guy I'd want to go after because I think that WR is a much more pressing need for us. But Fox and Meek's mentality is to get pressure with 4.

#5 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:03 PM

yeah with our defense its essential to get pressure but the only way we will get him is if we trade up. with us resigning brayton I dont really see DE as such a pressing need vs. wr/qb/olb. Johnson is a good player and I think Brown will be a great situational pass rusher.

#6 jpniner

jpniner

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:40 PM

If Spikes is best available when we pick, would they take him and try him at DE and some 3-4 schemes?

what does Ray Lewis run 40 in?

also, why would we talk to Dunlap unless we are trading up?

Edited by jpniner, 17 March 2010 - 02:45 PM.

#7 Panther59

Panther59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

Would rather have Dunlap and,...and,... I'm probably gonna take some heat for this....The Golden Calf of Bristol. Hey sue me, I like the kids dedication and he knows how to win! He will be a project no less, and I think he knows that, but odd's are his dedication is gonna lead him to success.

#8 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

• HUDDLER
  • 6,407 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:09 PM

If Spikes is best available when we pick, would they take him and try him at DE and some 3-4 schemes?

what does Ray Lewis run 40 in?

also, why would we talk to Dunlap unless we are trading up?

they scout everybody don't read into it so much.

#9 WilkinsonDonnie

WilkinsonDonnie

Monsanto's = Evil

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 03:18 PM

I knew they scouted everyone but just thought it was weird we took dunlap aside and worked him out for 15 minutes. Is that the panthers attempt at making other teams think we will draft a DE?

#10 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 04:30 PM

I knew they scouted everyone but just thought it was weird we took dunlap aside and worked him out for 15 minutes. Is that the panthers attempt at making other teams think we will draft a DE?

Who knows.. it's a big chess match. The Panthers were pretending to work out Dunlap, but might have been there to watch The Golden Calf of Bristol. Smoke screens galore at this time of year.

#11 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:08 PM

would you take him in the 2nd?

DE Carlos Dunlap had an exceptional combine. At 6-foot-5 3/4 and 277 pounds, he ran a 4.69-second 40 and a 1.64-second 10-yard split. At Florida’s pro day, most scouts expected he would do positional drills only due to the strength of his measurables at the combine. To our surprise, he ran again, and I had him at 4.59 and 4.69. Great numbers for a DE that size. I give him a ton of credit for working out again and showcasing his athleticism. His problem is he has a lot of average tape. I don’t see him going in the first round due to his lack of consistency.

http://blogs.nfl.com...in-gainesville/

#12 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:22 PM

Would rather have Dunlap and,...and,... I'm probably gonna take some heat for this....The Golden Calf of Bristol. Hey sue me, I like the kids dedication and he knows how to win! He will be a project no less, and I think he knows that, but odd's are his dedication is gonna lead him to success.

When will these people go away, Carolina has their QB of the future the last thing we need to do is invest a third round or higher pick on is some sentimental project to appease the SEC fanbase.

#13 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

If you watch the vid of The Golden Calf of Bristol throwing, he still has a hitch in his delivery.

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,271 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 08:42 PM

If you watch the vid of The Golden Calf of Bristol throwing, he still has a hitch in his delivery.

Which is exactly why I don't want him anywhere near Charlotte the guy is never going to be more then a Jake Delhomme. We don't need that now. We just got rid of the old one why bring in a younger version.....

#15 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,639 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

Which is exactly why I don't want him anywhere near Charlotte the guy is never going to be more then a Jake Delhomme. We don't need that now. We just got rid of the old one why bring in a younger version.....

this.dunlap would have some good value with 47th pick.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com