Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oh yea, almost forgot about Kris Jenkins.

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Jenkins was a pro bowler in the beginning but has declined year by year. Last year he made no difference, we still got ran on. He was so big, sometimes it looked like people just ran past him. I think his attitude toward the team affected his play here. He's not dominate like a Haynesworth. He once was though

I'm glad we got rid of him. He become a problem

Posted

No what's a salary cap? I didn't say we were going to go out and buy an All-Pro DT, I said it's what we need. Did anyone get my point? Hint: The point is not that I think the NFL is like Madden Football.

No poo that we would like an All-Pro DT. I would also like All-Pro CB, Safety, WR's, etc...

Fact is that we cannot afford both Peppers and a guy like Haynesworth together. You have to make sacrifices under the salary cap.

Posted

Part of the reason we got rid of Jenkins is that big DTs are noted for wearing down quickly. It's good to have a big DT early in his career, but hold onto him for more that about 5 years is a mistake imo. I mean Jenkins season ending knee injury occured from simply running at the QB untouched. This season with the Jets, Jenkin's back was giving him problems. My point is that we should get big DTs in their prime, and then get rid of them before injuries become a major problem.

Posted

No sh*t that we would like an All-Pro DT. I would also like All-Pro CB, Safety, WR's, etc...

Fact is that we cannot afford both Peppers and a guy like Haynesworth together. You have to make sacrifices under the salary cap.

We need to draft a DT who is like Jenkins in his prime. It's not a 'no poo' comment because not everyone agrees.

Posted

He was...replaceable. I like the thing Pep and Kemo have goin on. They seem to be good friends now so I'll take their performance and the whole deal over Jenk any day. Kemo has been fantastic this year.

Posted

Kemo has done a good job at being an anchor for our d-line. He gets doubled a lot, but then again so do a lot of DTs.

Posted

Kemo had more tackles last year than Jenkins. (Take that stat however you want to)

Kemo has been the main reason we've stopped so many teams on 4th downs and goal line stands. Chicago, Packers, N.O twice. Also a reason why we've allowed only 3 100 yard rushers(2 of our divisional rivals, but was stopped the other time we played them)

N.Y dont count of course

He has been so overlooked and underrated