Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Florio goes in on Peppers

Peppers can say what he wants but everyone knows that the only player less motivated then him on the field is JaMarcus Russell.

Fact: Peppers couldn't carry Reggie White's jock.

That is all.

Not many defensive ends can. Bruce Smith is the only one I can think of thats even close.

I don't care if Peppers is all-universe or not, Brown's going to beat his 2007 production. And in 2007, our defense was the 16th best in the league. That's nothing to write home about, but it isn't catastrophic either.

You don't think Brown is going to have more than 2.5 sacks? He nearly beat Peppers 2007 numbers this year in limited playing time. Tied him in sacks, and only had 8 less tackles. I don't think Brown is going to be a probowler, but he will certainly beat 2.5 sacks and 30 tackles unless he gets injured.

You don't think Brown is going to have more than 2.5 sacks? He nearly beat Peppers 2007 numbers this year in limited playing time. Tied him in sacks, and only had 8 less tackles. I don't think Brown is going to be a probowler, but he will certainly beat 2.5 sacks and 30 tackles unless he gets injured.

I think you read my post too quick. I was saying the same thing you are. Even in Peppers worst year the defense still wasn't in the toilet, and I have no doubt that Brown will be better than the 2007 edition of Julius Peppers.

I also really doubt that Brown will ever come down with a "mystery illness" that causes a drop in production like that...

I think you read my post too quick. I was saying the same thing you are. Even in Peppers worst year the defense still wasn't in the toilet, and I have no doubt that Brown will be better than the 2007 edition of Julius Peppers.

I also really doubt that Brown will ever come down with a "mystery illness" that causes a drop in production like that...

Sorry, damn dyslexia popping up again. :)

Not many defensive ends can. Bruce Smith is the only one I can think of thats even close.

Hmm, let me think. ;)

Deacon Jones was pretty good.

The arguement about whether or not Peppers takes plays off is silly at this point - we all know he takes plays off, it's only a matter of how many.

He did respond to the Beason callout so the Bears should take note and put someone up to calling Peppers out early in the season to make sure he gives 100% effort.

So what Florio has against Pep is 1 off-season and a mediocre journalist that looked at 3 games. Wow Pep is a bum! Nevermind that he led the team in QB pressures and sacks AGAIN this season. Or his 2nd straight pro-bowl and all-pro selection.

He doesn't even deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Reggie White's jock.

Fixed.