Photo
- - - - -

Top 10 WR prospects

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#11 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:10 AM

What? I said our oline is far better.

#12 unicar15

unicar15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2010 - 11:46 AM

You do realise that they said the same thing for Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald, Marques Colston etc. Does speed matter? Yes it does, but you just need enough speed to get consistent separation. When they say they don't have top end speed, they mean that they're not Steve Smith or Randy Moss fast. That however, is a luxury and not a prerequisite to be a top 5 WR. I much rather have a smart WR with good intangibles and average speed than a guy like Darius Heyward-Bey or Ted Ginn.

It all depends on the offense you play in. If you play in an offense that is a spread where there are 4 WRs at a time to cover then no speed doesn't matter as much because the defense is so spread out. However, in our offense the DBs are not going to be spread out as much trying to cover 4 or 5 different receivers.

Personally I still love Golden Tate and if he is there for our 2nd and we don't take him and take a freakin DL instead I will be really pissed off. They need to give Moore all the help they can.