• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

Virginia Tech outside linebacker-defensive end Jason Worilds turned in an impressive Pro Day workout today, running the 40-yard dash between 4.47 and 4.55 seconds for a 4.51 average.

The 6-foot-1, 254-pound pass rusher turned in a 4.07 in the 20-yard shuttle and a 9-10 broad jump.

Worilds performed defensive line drills for the Carolina Panthers

http://www.nationalf...ange-today.html

#2 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 18 March 2010 - 07:21 PM

wow...the season before last, this guy was unblockable.

#3 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:22 AM

well we need a LB for sure. I just dont see us getting him unless we do some trading. Our needs at WR, and DE need to be addressed before LB. The guy looks like he is going to be something special.

#4 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:21 AM

if he can gain a few lbs...the next Dwight Freeney???

#5 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 6,915 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:36 AM

well we need a LB for sure. I just dont see us getting him unless we do some trading. Our needs at WR, and DE need to be addressed before LB. The guy looks like he is going to be something special.

if we were to draft him he would be a DE.

#6 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 09:40 AM

if he can gain a few lbs...the next Dwight Freeney???

Don't we have one of those guys on the roster already? :P

#7 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:19 PM

take the 4.4x with a grain of salt imo. as a vt guy, they have a super fast track and always well under their combine times. this number is impressive for sure, but i dont like the pro day numbers from any school over the combine numbers. at least at the combine you can see how a guy runs/looks compared to someone from another school. they are all on the same turf on the same day. yeah some guys have better than average days, others worse, but its as close to lining them up on hte field as we get post senior bowls.

that said at the combine worilds did have the fastest 10 yard split of any de. there is something to be said for that. he also was not asked to be just a pass rusher as in 08, he was asked to stay at home more to stop the run (orion martins job in 08). imo he is a classic tweener and likely a better fit in a 3-4 OLB role where you move him around as a pass rusher. he can play very well with his hand down. he is a little undersized as a DE, and doesnt have a really any strong pass rush moves. i do think he has more upside than tapp (an overachiever), and a little less than chris ellis (classic underachiever), 2 other DEs from VT.

i like brown as a pass rusher a lot more than worilds atm. worilds was the better run stuffer of the 2 in college. overall i think brown is a bit more athletic than worilds, and the better De down the line.

#8 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,313 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:25 PM

OMGZ!!! Hilee Taylorz v2.0!!!!!

#9 chbright

chbright

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:44 PM

OMGZ!!! Hilee Taylorz v2.0!!!!!

that would be one willie young. worilds 1st 10 yards were the best at the combine for any DL (fastest 10 yard split of all DL). young may be lucky to get into round 5 or better at this point. worilds is likely a 3rd or higher.

so who is the true hilee 2.0???????

#10 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,313 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:06 PM

You just proved my point that Worilds is the next Hilee Taylor....and that we should avoid him

HE CAN RUNZ FAST!

#11 GreatPoupon

GreatPoupon

pardon me

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:28 PM

yo whats wrong with hilee taylor? didnt we draft him in the 7th round or something? WTF do you want man??

#12 CharlotteBeer.com

CharlotteBeer.com

Resident Beer Nerd

• HUDDLER
  • 9,700 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

I still like Hilee Taylor. He's fast yes, but he's also been said to be one of the strongest guys out there. I wish we'd work him in a bit more -- maybe we will with Peppers gone.

#13 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,313 posts

Posted 20 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

yo whats wrong with hilee taylor? didnt we draft him in the 7th round or something? WTF do you want man??

Well maybe you weren't around here when he was pretty much being compared to Dwight Freeney by the UNC fanboyz.

#14 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed Moncrief 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,314 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 20 March 2010 - 12:50 PM

well he might be that next freeney giving a chance to play....you cant knock someone if they havent got much playing time.

#15 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 20 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

well he might be that next freeney giving a chance to play....you cant knock someone if they havent got much playing time.

this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.