Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2nd Round Thread

110 posts in this topic

Posted

Rock choke jayhawk!

Posted

This is why March Madness is so great. Who would think that N. Iowa could possibly beat Kansas. I LOVE IT!! Now for UK and dook to lose this weekend...that would be even sweeter.

Posted

Kansas State here to clean up what Kansas couldnt!!!

Posted

Now all I need is for the big blew to lose!

Posted

This is why March Madness is so great. Who would think that N. Iowa could possibly beat Kansas. I LOVE IT!! Now for UK and dook to lose this weekend...that would be even sweeter.

The unsung heroes of the game are certainly the officials. When it mattered most Kansas didn't benefit from calls they didn't earn, and Northern Iowa wasn't punished for playing better then one of the darlings of the NCAA. I only wish all games could be officiated that well.

Posted

I do think UNI is going to take Kansas to the brink.

... and then some

1 person likes this

Posted

If you do not like College Basketball, then there is just no reason for you to be alive.

Posted

... and then some
Good call. This is the first game I've seen N. Iowa play...so if I were picking a bracket I certainly wouldn't have picked them.

Posted

The unsung heroes of the game are certainly the officials. When it mattered most Kansas didn't benefit from calls they didn't earn' date=' and Northern Iowa wasn't punished for playing better then one of the darlings of the NCAA. I only wish all games could be officiated that well.[/quote']

Are you kidding me? The refs did everything they could to give Kansas that game. It was like three Tim Donaghys out there.

Posted

If you do not like College Basketball, then there is just no reason for you to be alive.

Seriously, things like this show exactly why college football needs a playoffs. Imagine Kansas as (insert SEC/BigXII champion here) and N. Iowa as (Boise/TCU/Utah). Any given day anybody can beat anybody. Kansas was loaded all year long called the best team and the overwhelming favorite to win the title and they wont make it out of the first 72 hours.....playoffs are what make sports special......

Posted

Are you kidding me? The refs did everything they could to give Kansas that game. It was like three Tim Donaghys out there.

What game were you watching with 3 minutes to go. The charge on Collins (I believe) could have easily been called a blocking foul, probably would have 9 times out of 10 as well with the circumstances. The foul on Morris (I believe) on N. Iowas offensive rebound could have also been a no call. Thursday we saw Villanova benefit from the refs despite earning fouls. That was not the case late in the game tonight. If your talking about the out of bounds call, the N. Iowa guard was clearly and I mean clearly out of bounds.

Posted

Seriously' date=' things like this show exactly why college football needs a playoffs. Imagine Kansas as (insert SEC/BigXII champion here) and N. Iowa as (Boise/TCU/Utah). Any given day anybody can beat anybody. Kansas was loaded all year long called the best team and the overwhelming favorite to win the title and they wont make it out of the first 72 hours.....playoffs are what make sports special......[/quote']

truu truu - but if kansas and kansas st one more time I would have not been happy. Kansas already handled them 3 times, glad this happened.