Photo
- - - - -

Peppers Intentions...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
12 replies to this topic

#1 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:32 AM

I know Peppers is focused on winning this season, but the chatter has calmed down about what is plans are after the season ends.

Question is, does he resign with us only if we win the Superbowl?

Any updates in the front office?

#2 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:34 AM

he will either sign the largest contract for a DE ever or a franchise tender....

#3 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,374 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

I would imagine that pep would love to stay with us, but only if we can get close to the offerings of other teams.

And then there is the franchise tag.

#4 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:11 AM

He gets the big bucks from us, it would be too expensive to put the franchise tag on him

#5 Badbak

Badbak

Official Huddle Recluse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:14 AM

I was just thinking that if I was him I'd be just fine with being franchised. I heard that would pay him something like 16-18 mil for next year!

#6 DeAngelo Stewart

DeAngelo Stewart

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:47 AM

LOL, this thread got me thinking. How much money is enough? It isnt enough anymore to be a millionaire, everyones got to be BILLIONAIRES or TRILLIONAIRES! This is rediculous.

#7 EnglishPanther

EnglishPanther

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:02 PM

Without sounding too depressing at this time of year but what other players may we lose on free agency???

#8 pantherjunky

pantherjunky

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

From what i see Jeff King, Jordan Gross, Julius Peppers, and Chris Gamble will be free agents next year

#9 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

From what i see Jeff King, Jordan Gross, Julius Peppers, and Chris Gamble will be free agents next year

Gamble already got an extension, King is going no where and I believe Gross was close at the beginning of last year. Peppers will get his money.

#10 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:36 PM

LOL, this thread got me thinking. How much money is enough? It isnt enough anymore to be a millionaire, everyones got to be BILLIONAIRES or TRILLIONAIRES! This is rediculous.

So long as money is the main gauge of social status, it will never be enough.

#11 British_Panther

British_Panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

So long as money is the main gauge of social status, it will never be enough.

Too true, and don't forget that money = power too. And power = friends, and friends = points and points mean prizes...or something like that.

#12 CanadianCat

CanadianCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

haha

#13 CAPantherFan

CAPantherFan

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 02:25 PM

I believe Pep will sign a contract after the season is over. If he really wanted out of Charlotte then I would think we'd know that by now. The Panthers originally drafted him and we have one of the best and classiest organizations in the NFL. He has deep roots here and is well liked in the community. It's really an ideal fit and I hope he remembers that when he finally makes a decision.

One comment about money - while it's true that it seems obscene the amount of money these guys make however you have to keep in mind that the NFL is an extreme sport and most of these guys will only be in their prime for a few years and they MUST capitalize on large contracts ASAP - cause you never know when that one hit will end their career and the contracts disappear. What are these guys going to do when their football careers are over? Sure some go on to commentate, or a few will start successful businesses however lots of them only know football and don't have the skills to compete outside the football field.

Look at Pep - I don't see him commentating on TV after football like Strahan did. He's quiet and shy and likes to stay out of the limelight. I have no idea if he has any business sense but I don't blame him for wanting as much as possible because let's face it - he's at his prime and this next contract will probably be his best one and it's downhill after that.

Let's hope Pep isn't as greedy and breaks out heart over a couple million on a huge contract (anyone remember Alonzo Mourning? I stopped watch NBA after that and never came back to that sport. What's the difference between 110M and 114M?). I'll be watching closely to see how all this pans out.

GO PANTHERS!!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com