Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Doing a Mock Draft for the Panthers on Another Forum-What do you think?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

pretty nice draft.get another wr like e. sanders as a late round steal if he is there......

Posted

I actually had forgotten about Thomas Davis. For some reason, I thought you lost him this year. Oh well, like you said, I think Curran will be a stud in this league, and the value in the 4th is pretty awesome. Plus, you still have a pretty unknown in Connor too.

We lost TD to an ACL injury with about 5 games left in the season I think. That's probably where you got it from.

Connor is unknown so I want to draft a guy to push him and for ST as well.

Posted

isn't curran an 3-4 OLB?

Posted

isn't curran an 3-4 OLB?

No, he is a prototypical 4-3 weakside OLB. He isn't a pass rusher. 3-4 OLBs are typically college 4-3 DEs who get after the passer. Guys like Kindle, Norwood, Graham, etc.

Posted

No, he is a prototypical 4-3 weakside OLB. He isn't a pass rusher. 3-4 OLBs are typically college 4-3 DEs who get after the passer. Guys like Kindle, Norwood, Graham, etc.

oh

why would we want a third of those

Posted

oh

why would we want a third of those

We need a SLB more than any other position but they aren't that many in the later rounds if at all. Might as well get the best OLB rather than reaching for a bigger SLB type. If he presents himself I don't mind having 3 WLB's on the roster. We only have 4 LB's on the team right now that have any sort of value and we kept 8 last year didn't we? I think we can make room for a 3rd LB at one of the positions.

If Anderson wins the SLB then we'll have room for balanceWe'll need to draft an OLB early if we want a starting quality SLB.

Posted

Jonathon Crompton's mentor is starting in Cleveland. That's where he should go.

Posted

lol some people are too picky. I think you have our needs pinned down quite well.

Posted

I'm going to bump this. The draft is now complete, and I updated the thread starter to reflect the rest of the picks.

Would love to get some feedback.

Posted

Probably would have went a different direction in the 7th but otherwise I would love this draft. I also would have gotten Troup over Lane and AJ Edds over Curran if they were there at those picks. But I would still love this draft.

Posted

I love the picks. Would be happy if it actually played out like this.

Posted

Don't like the Thomas pick. I'm still not sold that he can develop into anywhere near a decent route runner coming out of that goofy GT triple option offense. Also, like jramsey said, would have gone AJ Edds over Curran