Photo
- - - - -

Do you have faith in Dwayne Jarrett's ability to step up next season?

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#1 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:36 PM

Because he better. Regardless of who we draft, he's going to start next year.

Edited by SmootsDaddy89, 21 March 2010 - 04:38 PM.

#2 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

Little to none.

#3 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:45 PM

I look at it like this.

We went to the NFC Championship game with Keary Colbert in 2005.

I don't think it's humanly possible for Jarrett to play any worse than Colbert did that year.

#4 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • 10,806 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Last year he showed promise when moore threw to him so i dont see why not :toetap05:

#5 mick eye

mick eye

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

He will be FINE if we add another game breaker speedster across from Smith. Let Dwayne play his game short medium and crossing routes. The dude is tall as a TE.

SPEED WR IN THE 2nd!!!!!!

#6 charlottenian

charlottenian

• HUDDLER
  • 2,890 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

He caught almost everything thrown his way by Moore

#7 Panther59

Panther59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts
  • LocationColumbia, SC

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:53 PM

Has there ever in the history of the NFL been a player that has been considered a "bust" in the league that was only 23 years old, that all the sudden turned it around and revived their careers when given another opportunity?

I think so.

Not saying Jarrett will be one of those who can/will turn his career around, but when thrown the ball he has shown flashes of being a talented WR, most recently the 30 yard TD catch in January vs. the Aints. IMO, he deserves a chance to show what he can do in 2010 with Moore under center full time. Once again, not saying he will turn it around and become a Pro Bowl WR, but the possibility is definitely there.

#8 AnalyzeThIs#28

AnalyzeThIs#28

Beware of Smash&Dash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:02 PM

He had a sweet one handed catch in the last game of the season vs. the saints, plus a sweet touchdown catch too. I think he really needed that touchdown catch mentality, and will come out that shell next year. He's a beast physically for a WR.

#9 Wither

Wither

Relatively Unknown Poster

• HUDDLER
  • 9,215 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:03 PM

I think he'll have an above-average season if Moore manages to even play decent.

#10 Guest_Jacob3-89_*

Guest_Jacob3-89_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:05 PM

I think the problem is he only was thrown to about 6 times with jake under center.... I saw his show great skills in the final 3 games. I'd say he could be big.

#11 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

• HUDDLER
  • 8,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:10 PM

If he were on any other team in the league, he'd get trashed. But just because he's a Panther people still cut him slack. 33 catches in three years. There is a reason for it, and it has nothing to do with Fox's stubborn ways.

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,172 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

He will be FINE if we add another game breaker speedster across from Smith. Let Dwayne play his game short medium and crossing routes. The dude is tall as a TE.

SPEED WR IN THE 2nd!!!!!!

agree. get a speed guy and you've got a jarrett as a possession guy, and the option to move steve smith to the slot... even a mediocre performance by him and a rookie and we'll be vastly improved from last year's passing game.

#13 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:13 PM

I think the problem is he only was thrown to about 6 times with jake under center.... I saw his show great skills in the final 3 games. I'd say he could be big.

He only played in one game out of those three lol

but I see what you're saying.

I think the main thing is he really hasn't been allowed to show what he can do because the coaching staff seems to have the same opinion of him that they had of Moore. And we all know what a trainwreck it was when Moore got the opportunity to show what he can do!

#14 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 10,084 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

If he were on any other team in the league, he'd get trashed. But just because he's a Panther people still cut him slack. 33 catches in three years. There is a reason for it, and it has nothing to do with Fox's stubborn ways.

You're right, his lack of playing time has more to do with Jake refusing to throw to anyone not named Steve Smith or Muhsin Muhammad.

#15 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,512 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 05:16 PM

QB's would throw to you more if you could get, you know, open.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.