Photo
- - - - -

Do you have faith in Dwayne Jarrett's ability to step up next season?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#136 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 March 2010 - 07:07 PM

If not, he'll be a great 3rd down/Red Zone WR.

he IS a great 3rd down/red zone wr...and he's an even better blocker.

...but he gets the playing time he does just because of his blocking skills.

#137 Razzy

Razzy

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:21 PM

He caught almost everything thrown his way by Moore

I think the problem is he only was thrown to about 6 times with jake under center.... I saw his show great skills in the final 3 games. I'd say he could be big.

According to NFL.com he had 5 catches in the game against the saints, and no catches in the 3 previous games.

It will be interesting to watch him. Regardless, we need to bring in more help now.

#138 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

HUDDLER

Posted 23 March 2010 - 10:39 PM

But there was no way he would become #2 or get many opportunities with Jake personally inviting Moose back to Carolina and Fox's offensive gameplan.

Actually, Smitty ask Moose if he want to come back. Jake has nothing to do with it. :P

And as for faith in Jarrett, I'm starting to lend toward no. Some of you guys can make up all the excuses & denial that Jake didn't help him, when he didn't even look good when Jake wasn't playing. The TD he got from Moore in our last season game was long deserved & all, but that was against the Saints backup players. That isn't enough. If he doesn't step up next season, we need to cut him.

#139 SorthNarolina

SorthNarolina

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 01:30 AM

What I meant was the fact that Dwayne Jarrett had to overcome Jake as his QB pretty much makes your point about rookie WR's outproducing him null and void.

Yeah because Jake Delhome is the only bad QB in the league. Poor, poor Jarrett.

Mohamed Massaquoi overcame Derek Anderson and Brady Quinn. The had the worst combined passer rating in the entire league(worse than Delhome's) and he was on the 8th best rushing offense in the leauge.

Brandon Pettigrew was better with Matthew Stafford, Dante Culpepper, and Drew Stanton at QB who combined for the 2nd worse QB rating in the league(worse than Delhome's). And he's a tight end.

Sammie Stroughter was better with Josh Freeman, Josh Johnson, and Bryon Leftwich at QB. They were 3rd worse in the leauge by passer rating(.4 better than Delhome).

Louis Murphy was better with Jarmacus Russell, Bruce Gradkowski, and Charlie Frye all throwing to him. They combined for 4th worse in the league.

Bradon Gibson was better with Marc Buldger, Kyle Boller, and Keith Null throwing to him. They combined for 6th worse in the leauge.

None of these guys have the luxury of a QB coming in to play for 5 games with a QB rating of nearly 100. They are all far worse than we are. The Browns and Raiders threw for even less yards than we did.

Please tell me why Jarrett is so special when these rookies can produce better than he has on far worse teams never even getting a sniff of a quality QB. They beat him while playing with poo. Jarrett had gold at QB for 5 games but that's right he could barely beat out UDFA's for the opportunity to even get on the field.

Your excuses are hilarious. I've slapped my knee so hard reading your posts that it's bleeding.

#140 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 02:37 AM

Almost every player you listed started 9, 10, 11 games last year.

We can debate on the reason(s) why Jarrett didn't start 10 or 11 games last year, but comparing his production to players who did is laughable.

#141 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:48 AM

B

u

s

t

#142 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:29 PM

B

u

s

t

What are you going to do if SLJ neg rep you for that?? Hopefully nothing bad from there. :eek:

#143 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

Almost every player you listed started 9, 10, 11 games last year.

We can debate on the reason(s) why Jarrett didn't start 10 or 11 games last year, but comparing his production to players who did is laughable.

There is no need for any debate ever again. Hurney set it straight today in his interview.

...it's up to him if he starts.

That was about DJ. If the kid comes prepared and shows them he's in it to win it, he'll play. Simple as that. Obviously has has yet to do enough in their eyes in the past three years to deserve more time on the field.