Photo
- - - - -

Snap Count Key?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
42 replies to this topic

#1 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:23 AM

AFMB- Posters are saying the Cards were reading Ryan's snap count. I must say the Cards seemed to be in the Falcon backfield on more than one play. Just wondering if it was just Ryan being a rookie and wide eyed with his first playoff game, or with film study they could do the same against us?:eek:

#2 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,172 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

On the road with a rookie QB and in playoff conditions I would guess that the Falcons were not doing much to vary their snap count. Probably just going on the same sound all day.

#3 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,563 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:32 AM

If you're concerned, I'm pretty sure Jake's a little saltier than Ryan.

#4 panthers2u

panthers2u

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:33 AM

If you're concerned, I'm pretty sure Jake's a little saltier than Ryan.

...and this is a home game.

#5 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:35 AM

Fox will be intelligent enough to make sure it's not an issue.

#6 goodoleboy

goodoleboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:39 AM

AFMB- Posters are pretty much dumbasses. What they are seeing is the advantage of crowd noise on a D lines burst off the ball.

#7 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 11:42 AM

I guess it's pre-game jitters... I'm sure Jake is well versed in changing up the count compared to "Ice Man"

#8 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,442 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

Story was that Dan Henning almost always had the offense running the same snap count.

(falls under the 'forget fooling them, just run over them' category)

True? Don't know, but if so I seriously doubt it's still in effect.

#9 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:08 PM

So you're trying to tell me a professional football team was going on the same snap count all the time?

Get real.

#10 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,442 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:09 PM

Similar deal: In the 03 Cowboy game, Buckner caught on to Quincy Carter tipping the snap count (something he did with his hands, if I remember right) and the Panthers D-Line used it against the Cowboys offense all game.

#11 neverlosethefeeling

neverlosethefeeling

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:13 PM

Similar deal: In the 03 Cowboy game, Buckner caught on to Quincy Carter tipping the snap count (something he did with his hands, if I remember right) and the Panthers D-Line used it against the Cowboys offense all game.

That I can believe...but no one will tell me a pro football team was going on one/two/first sound the whole time.

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,442 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:23 PM

So you're trying to tell me a professional football team was going on the same snap count all the time?

Get real.

The story was reported after Henning's firing (Observer, I think). Whether it's true or not, I don't know. The Panthers are fairly tight-lipped and don't like to bad mouth anyone, even guys they've let go, so I doubt they'd confirm it.

Watching the way Henning ran the offense when he was here, I have to admit it sounds at least somewhat plausible.

#13 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

The Cards definitely saw something about how Ryan snapped the ball to get a jump on. It wasn't all because of crowd noise. Several times the ends jumped offsides right as the ball was being snapped. They clearly weren't doing this because of crowd noise. They saw something.

However, my biggest beef was the defensive tackle lined up off sides on every single freaking play and not once did the refs call him on it.

#14 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:35 PM

The story was reported after Henning's firing (Observer, I think). Whether it's true or not, I don't know. The Panthers are fairly tight-lipped and don't like to bad mouth anyone, even guys they've let go, so I doubt they'd confirm it.

Watching the way Henning ran the offense when he was here, I have to admit it sounds at least somewhat plausible.

I remember that as well.

#15 Pumpkin Eater

Pumpkin Eater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:51 PM

I have read that AZ noticed Ryan leans back a little or something of that nature in anticipation of the snap.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com