Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DevilCat

Snap Count Key?

44 posts in this topic

Don't buy it.

Teams prepare for this sort of thing. Teams intentionally practice with simulated crowd noise in preparation for those things. It wasn't a shocker that the fans would be loud.

the loud crowed noise did assist the Cards in jumping the snap imo and again, that will be taken away from them in a road game. Not worried about them jumping the snap.

Isn't Jake pretty good at faking the count in ways to pull the other team offsides? I mean, he's obviously good at getting our guys to false start a lot, so one would assume...

Isn't Jake pretty good at faking the count in ways to pull the other team offsides? I mean, he's obviously good at getting our guys to false start a lot, so one would assume...

dunno...

BUT

He is Damned Good at fooling Jordan Gross! That's for sure...

I read that thread as well on the AFMB. It wasn't snap count so much as things he did. I can''t remember specifics, but he'd raise his head or something if it was going to be....oh something - and he'd keep his head one way if he was going too do something else.

I wasn't paying much attention to the thread, but I would not be a bit surprised if they ended up reading something into what his actions were.

From the new Observer's Panthers blog for the playoffs, Panther Tracks:

(Update from St. Onge, 2:38 p.m.: A clue to the Cards' success on D? Defensive end Betrand Berry told Dan Patrick on his radio show today that Atlanta QB Matt Ryan didn't change his snap count all game Saturday. The Cards were able to time the snaps and get a great jump off the line, Berry said,

Not the kind of thing your coach wants you telling the nation - and your next opponent.)

full blog: http://obsnfl.blogspot.com/2009/01/double-trouble-in-real-trouble.html

It's always a little easier on the D-line when they're at home anyway because the visiting O-tackles have to watch the ball pre snap instead of their opponent...assuming the home crowd is in full throat, that is.

The Carolina way is to distract the opponent with our flawless execution of the wave.

From the new Observer's Panthers blog for the playoffs, Panther Tracks:

full blog: http://obsnfl.blogspot.com/2009/01/double-trouble-in-real-trouble.html

That's really unbelievable. Not that I don't believe it, I just don't believe that a coach wouldn't say something about that or Ryan wouldn't have the presence of mind to realize that something wasn't working. Even still, as an offensive lineman, i'd get pissed if my QB kept calling the same snap count. It takes away one of the advantages an offensive lineman needs to get off the ball faster than the defense.

It was the fact that they could not get Turner going and more then likely they had to do this cause of crowd noise. Remember when we were in Minn and they Vikes used it ageist us.

Actually, it appears the issue was the center was giving away the snap count in the Atl/Ari game.

Jake is the most poised in the Playoffs. Don't worry about it.

Poise has nothing to do with giving away the snap count.

Just saw that same info on PFT... it's amazing to me that Ryan and/or the ATL coaches didn't pick up on that and change???

Just saw that same info on PFT... it's amazing to me that Ryan and or the ATL coached didn't pick up on that and change???

Me too.