#31 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,020 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:52 PM

Silly Antrel....don't you know what happens when you call out our players. Be prepared to have Smitty embarass you little ass on Primetime Television.

#32 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:54 PM

I just want it to be Saturday!

#33 Cardinal Nation

Cardinal Nation

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

Classy post.

However, your defense has only played well for ONE game. Not to mention that our running game did not hit its stride until the 2nd half of the season. Our boys have averaged nearly 200 yards a game during that time. I see them running all over the Cardinals...but I see Warner having success against us.

Panther win 31-17

I disagree that our defense has played only 1 good game. Our D is very talented, but it suffers from having a defensive co-ordinator that is a complete moron, and is first for the axe come the end of the season. Our D played lights out against Miami, Buffalo, Dallas, the 2 St. Louis games (I know, a terrible team, but still), and has been in genuinely unfavourable positions for a lot of the other games. Their big problem is running hot and cold so often, we just don't know which D we are getting on a week to week basis.

If Clancy Pendergast isn't a complete idiot (this is the big 'if'), our D is pretty good. Not amazing, but solid enough.

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,020 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

I disagree that our defense has played only 1 good game. Our D is very talented, but it suffers from having a defensive co-ordinator that is a complete moron, and is first for the axe come the end of the season. Our D played lights out against Miami, Buffalo, Dallas, the 2 St. Louis games (I know, a terrible team, but still), and has been in genuinely unfavourable positions for a lot of the other games. Their big problem is running hot and cold so often, we just don't know which D we are getting on a week to week basis.

If Clancy Pendergast isn't a complete idiot (this is the big 'if'), our D is pretty good. Not amazing, but solid enough.

Hmmm...you use the likes of Miami, Buffalo and SL to make your point. Could you please pick teams with decent offenses? The teams you mention have God Awful offenses.

Sorry Charlie....Double Trouble is way more than the Cardinals are prepared to handle.

#35 dham278

dham278

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:03 PM

Our DC is no stud himself. We feel you

#36 Cardinal Nation

Cardinal Nation

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:09 PM

Hmmm...you use the likes of Miami, Buffalo and SL to make your point. Could you please pick teams with decent offenses? The teams you mention have God Awful offenses.

Sorry Charlie....Double Trouble is way more than the Cardinals are prepared to handle.

Miami's offense was one of the most efficient in the league, I refuse to accept that their offense is 'God Awful'. Buffalo were 4-1 when they came to the desert, and there offense was clicking on all cylinders.

St. Louis, however, are God Awful. Not through lack of talent though, and they can be quite explosive. But even I can see I'm clasping at straws on this one ;)

Our run defense was top 10 before we dropped the egg that was Minnesota. But we have kept great backs bottled up all year. The week after NY ran all over Baltimore, they couldn't put 100 up against us. Whilst your RB tandem is very, very good, I think you might be at least a little surprised at how decent our run D is. Am I predicting your backs get shut down? No, not by any stretch of the imagination, but to anticipate you putting 150+ yards on the ground, I just get the feeling that we can at least slow you down. It just may not be enough.

#37 HC79

HC79

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:14 PM

I remember when Umenyora and Stray were talkin' ish about Pep and Ruck in the playoffs a few years ago. Remember how that turned out?

Didn't the Bears do it too?

#38 ChucktownK

ChucktownK

Gitmo Nation Detainee

• HUDDLER
  • 12,043 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 06:24 PM

Didn't the Bears do it too?

Yes they did and look at how THAT turned out! LOL

#39 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,020 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:32 PM

Miami's offense was one of the most efficient in the league, I refuse to accept that their offense is 'God Awful'. Buffalo were 4-1 when they came to the desert, and there offense was clicking on all cylinders.

St. Louis, however, are God Awful. Not through lack of talent though, and they can be quite explosive. But even I can see I'm clasping at straws on this one ;)

Our run defense was top 10 before we dropped the egg that was Minnesota. But we have kept great backs bottled up all year. The week after NY ran all over Baltimore, they couldn't put 100 up against us. Whilst your RB tandem is very, very good, I think you might be at least a little surprised at how decent our run D is. Am I predicting your backs get shut down? No, not by any stretch of the imagination, but to anticipate you putting 150+ yards on the ground, I just get the feeling that we can at least slow you down. It just may not be enough.

The Bills were smoke and mirrors this season..they proved to be god awful.

Miami played no one....they beat the same crappy teams as you. They finally played a good team and got bitch slapped this week-end.....much like the Cardinals will be come Sat night.

#40 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,795 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:53 PM

I'm not buying that Cards underdog crap. And I'm sure The Panthers won't either.

#41 Sultan33g

Sultan33g

I have a boner.

• HUDDLER
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:00 PM

Damn we just need this week to get over with Bye weeks piss me off!!

#42 photoguync

photoguync

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 08:59 AM

Wow.. well thought out, even handed post. You can even spell, and you use good grammar. What are you doing posting on an NFL forum?:eek:
Seriously, keep up the great posts. I'm fairly sure our cats will be dining on bird come Saturday, but it's nice to see posts that are more than drooling, spitting and chest pounding.:rant:

#43 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:52 PM

Boy, some just never learn to shut their mouth before the game. If he think the team were lucky, just wait until he see Double Trouble. They are getting a lot better since our first meeting back in late Oct. And he should see what happend when Smoot, Hall, etc. all trash talk the team before the game when it come to Smitty. He will make them pay & regret their trash talk.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.