Photo
- - - - -

Please tell me it's just a rumor........

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:00 PM

I wouldn't completely oppose Vick being a Panther. He is still a viable option. But the thing is, JR avoids dudes with shady backgrounds. He doesn't like troublemakers. They only ever start scandals and bring negative PR to the team. So I severely doubt Vick will be in Carolina.

However, it would be nice. Moore can come in on most downs, and we can throw Vick in there to mix it up a bit and to keep Defenses on their toes. He can hand it off, run it himself, and he can still throw if needed. Plus, if Moore goes down, we will need someone proven to come in and fill in for him while he gets healthy. It's a win-win situation if you ask me. But JR doesn't want him. So scratch that idea.

#62 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

Grow the f**k up, guys. I have six year old cousins who throw tantrums less than you.

#63 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:07 PM

I wouldn't completely oppose Vick being a Panther. He is still a viable option. But the thing is, JR avoids dudes with shady backgrounds. He doesn't like troublemakers. They only ever start scandals and bring negative PR to the team. So I severely doubt Vick will be in Carolina.

However, it would be nice. Moore can come in on most downs, and we can throw Vick in there to mix it up a bit and to keep Defenses on their toes. He can hand it off, run it himself, and he can still throw if needed. Plus, if Moore goes down, we will need someone proven to come in and fill in for him while he gets healthy. It's a win-win situation if you ask me. But JR doesn't want him. So scratch that idea.

It's possible that Vick improves much more this season than last given an entire off-season to get his groove back.

but if he doesn't, we've seen the Eagles try this philosophy you've outlined and I don't think there was anything impressive by it..

#64 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

Philly tried that. It didn't go that well (not to mention that McNabb hated it).

Read the Alex Marvez article. Teams don't want Vick for football reasons, not just character. For the Panthers - and probably for other teams - it'd be both, but one reason or the other is enough.

#65 PantherDude

PantherDude

Best of luck, Coach Fox!

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

No, it's mostly because he's a shitty QB.

Word. Once he lose his RB speed, he will be shitty that he won't even be much of a QB anymore. And the fact he is very overrated & not a great QB as some act like he is. I rather Jake come back or we get Armanti Edwards than Vick coming here.

#66 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

Moderators

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:45 PM

Someone else had to do research for you? Just as he put up info to support his claim, you could have done the same. Or does mommy pick out all of your clothes too? It's a message board dude, support your statement.

Well, I gave you all day to come up with a team that actually wants vick.

I know it was a challenge.

Guess I'll just put you in the catagory of the rest of the vick jock snugglers.

"Vick is the greatest QB ever. Even if the stats show he sucked ass in his prime, he is the bestest!"

That poo gets really old.

#67 brandon_87

brandon_87

ooh wee mayne he dat deal

HUDDLER

Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:33 PM

He is in Marvin to start a horse fighting operation.

lmfao, post of the month

#68 G()AT

G()AT

The Greatest of All Time

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2010 - 07:21 AM

ITS NOT A TUMOR!!!

Posted Image

...oh you said rumor.

#69 damo md panthers fan

damo md panthers fan

NO Bitchassness

ROOKIE

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

Well, I gave you all day to come up with a team that actually wants vick.

I know it was a challenge.

Guess I'll just put you in the catagory of the rest of the vick jock snugglers.

"Vick is the greatest QB ever. Even if the stats show he sucked ass in his prime, he is the bestest!"

That poo gets really old.

Are you retarded or just like to read your own posts? I never said i know of teams that were interested in Vick. I called you out on your statement, and someone else posted the research info for you. WTF are you reading? I also never said Vick was the greatest QB, i said Defenses have to account for him when he's on the field. Dude whatever your smoking put down, you baked already.

#70 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:59 AM

Vick has no chance to be a Panther. A guy I know is friends with Leonard Little and when he expressed interest in coming to the Panthers, they basically told him they didn't want anyone with off the field issues. If they don't want him for something that happened 12 years ago, they're certainly not going to pick up Michael Vick for something that drew long term national attention and a prison sentence.

#71 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

Are you retarded or just like to read your own posts? I never said i know of teams that were interested in Vick. I called you out on your statement, and someone else posted the research info for you. WTF are you reading? I also never said Vick was the greatest QB, i said Defenses have to account for him when he's on the field. Dude whatever your smoking put down, you baked already.

You're

#72 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

Moderators

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:04 AM

If only I had the power to lock threads......

#73 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

Moderators

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:54 AM

Again with the personal insults?

I stated my opinion, Mr. Scot backed it up with a link before I could. But that's still not good enough for you.

Look, this is a message board. People will have different opinions on a message board. Some people will not agree with your opinion on certain players, coaches, teams, general managers, ect.

If others people's opinions that do not agree with your opinion upset you so much, then maybe, just maybe, message boards are not for you.

Get over yourself.

#74 Skew

Skew

GOLD PREMIUM MEMBER

Moderators

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

If only I had the power to lock threads......

I do.