Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scpanther22

Tebow's pre-Wonderlic prayer request falls flat

363 posts in this topic

Have you read any Kierkegaard, SLJ?

He was a Christian existentialist who openly admitted that it is absurd to believe in a God -- that it is quite irrational and unreasonable to think about something for which we have no proof of existence. At the same time, this lack of proof -- this doubt -- is the crux of Christianity and many other faiths.

If we had all the answers and knew that Jesus was actually the son of God who was sent to save us, then we could not be saved. Because salvation in this sense requires a "leap of faith".

Faith constitutes a sphere all by itself and every misunderstanding of Christianity may at once be recognized by its transforming it into a doctrine, transferring it to the sphere of the intellectual.

One cannot seek for what he knows, and it seems equally impossible to seek for what one does not know.

For without risk there is no faith, and the greater the risk, the greater the faith; the more objective security, the less inwardness (for inwardness is precisely subjectivity), and the less objective security, the more profound the possible inwardness.

Kierkegaard is the man.

1 person likes this

AHAHAHAHAHA...

Ahahaha haHAha... haHAH.. aha.. HAha...

Nothing "gets to me" at all... I just find the debate fun and ego inflating...

You've made some pretty emotional statements for someone who "doesn't let things get to you" :sosp:

What you've not answered is why it matters to you how an athlete celebrates or expresses themselves. There are plenty of people who believe differently than I do and express it. I've never considered someone else making a simple expression of their beliefs to be some personal afront to me just because I believe differently.

Being upset over someone else expressing their beliefs on the field of play as if it somehow hurts you sounds pretty small.

1 person likes this

And just to revisit, indications are that the story in the OP never happened.

How many nickels are in $1.35?

God only knows.

And just to revisit, indications are that the story in the OP never happened.

This isn't about The Golden Calf of Bristol -- it's about our duty to push our beliefs on to other people. ;)

This is what happens when we have a boring ass offseason.

God only knows.

This isn't about The Golden Calf of Bristol -- it's about our duty to push our beliefs on to other people. ;)

That's exactly what The Golden Calf of Bristol Believes....it's his Godly duty to push his beliefs on to others :tongue:

Sorry... Allegedly

So some on here are doing their duties and pushing what some would call common sense.

1 person likes this

That's exactly what The Golden Calf of Bristol Believes....it's his Godly duty to push his beliefs on to others :tongue:

Sorry... Allegedly

So some on here are doing their duties and pushing what some would call common sense.

Thanks for proving my sarcastic point.

Hold up for a minute here guys...

Where the hell is Cat??? I've never known her to miss a discussion like this...

:eek:

I get the feeling Mr. Scot don't like me no more... lol

I explained that it didn't matter to me what the hell they did... I just find it humorous and hypocritical... a facade...

In reality, I don't give a fug about it though... More power to them... Smitty is one of my favorite Panthers of all time, and he always points to the sky... If he wanted to debate religion, I'd debate it with him too... and I'd use the same tactics I use here...

If you are passionate about something and use strong enough rhetoric, the opposition is more likely to eventually hear your argument and appreciate your point of view... Ask any preacher that does a really good job with his sermon and he will agree...

Cat told me to tell you guys she will get here in a minute, as soon as she finishes her shower.

What if I said I was Cat?... I'd shatter the hell out of a lot of you guys' fantasies...

Somebody mentioned Reggie White on here. I'll bet no one would have told HIM to "STFU". And that no doubt implies a double standard. My guess is if The Golden Calf of Bristol shows real promise as a QB, his teammates will put up with most anything, as long as he's respectful to them. That's what plagued Kerry Collins here, his teammates didn't respect him because of his partying and some other things. Maybe all Tim needs is to 'get some'. perhaps he'll have a new perspective on things if he does.