Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dpantherman

Panthers turn down trade offers for Dan Connor

56 posts in this topic

Connor was a steal in the draft. I'm sure he'll transition fine.

He ran a faster 40 than Beason...

Yea but Beason ran that 40 injured.

We're switching to a 3-4

POW

Connor suffered an injury in college that scared people right before the draft. Good on us, that we knew he'd recover and flourish.

He blew out his ACL in his rookie season with us.

:cheers2:

I can drink a 40 faster than either of them :cheers2:

Considering Beason's past as a member of the 7th floor crew I bet he could hold his own.

Our linebacker corps could be one of the best around the league with Davis, Beason, and Conner starting...

He ran a faster 40 than Beason...

Beason was recovering from some sort of leg injury.

Anyway. Yeah, speed isn't Connor's best asset, but it's not really that important for an SLB. Instincts are, and that's where Connor excels.

You're right, Connor is MUCH faster than beason:rolleyes:

Where did I say that? Oh I didn't? Hmm...

We're switching to a 3-4

POW

Not so fast. Next year.

Where did I say that? Oh I didn't? Hmm...

So I guess you agree that it's not really relevant to bring up 2 year old 40 times when discussing a player's speed. I don't really know why you brought them up in the first place. Usually if somebody brings up some 40 times they're trying to convey a correlation.

So I guess you agree that it's not really relevant to bring up 2 year old 40 times when discussing a player's speed. I don't really know why you brought them up in the first place. Usually if somebody brings up some 40 times they're trying to convey a correlation.

Beason played OLB his rookie year, and he didn't have trouble with it, even though he ran a slower 40 (injured or no). Therefore speed shouldn't be an issue with Connor like everyone is making it out to be. Speed isn't a big deal for SLB's anyway. So to me this is a non-issue, but I was attempting to alleviate concern about the subject.