King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:22 PM

kill whitey

kill black business! Black man aint got no business being so rich and outspoken! arrrgghh!!!

#47 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:23 PM

I didn't have one negative opinion of Mr. Johnson until I read his skewed comments today. All I knew is that his team was never really good, and that I've never watched a BC game, because the product didn't appeal to me.

Had he put together a winning team, with a name and logo that had MASS appeal, I'm sure we'd not be having this discussion.

You sound like a great fan, congratulations!:rolleyes:

#48 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:24 PM

It's not a black or white issue to me, and really doesn't matter what color the mayor, the chief of police,county manger or whoever is. it's more about those with alot of power and influence being more open to other peoples way of doing things that is what makes a city great imo,and as the demographics of this city continue to change i think you will start to see more of this. but bob chose to not play their game and it cost him millions. i think mj understands this and will make changes

#49 BOBCATS_BALL!

BOBCATS_BALL!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:25 PM

kill black business! Black man aint got no business being so rich and outspoken! arrrgghh!!!

KT, no one is saying that. Why do you have to resort to that??

He has deserved the lumps he has gotten and for you to try and paint this as a racial situation is just wrong.

#50 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:26 PM

You sound like a great fan, congratulations!:rolleyes:

The guy admits he doesnt give a poo about the Bobcats but he was glad to stop by and post this article for us. ;)

#51 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:32 PM

It's not a black or white issue to me, and really doesn't matter what color the mayor, the chief of police,county manger or whoever is. it's more about those with alot of power and influence being more open to other peoples way of doing things that is what makes a city great imo,and as the demographics of this city continue to change i think you will start to see more of this. but bob chose to not play their game and it cost him millions. i think mj understands this and will make changes

MJ understands it, the question is how long will the love affair last? Mike's coming into charge at a time when the Bobs are having alot of success. Whats this town gonna be like 3 years down the road when LB's not around to lobby for him and the Bobs hit a rough spot? Will it give him that blind trust and understanding that he will need to keep this thing going in the right direction? As a native I want to believe that the city will, but I have my doubts and hope Charlotte can grow up and get past race and stop thinking everyone has to look and think alike to be successful.

#52 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:34 PM

KT, no one is saying that. Why do you have to resort to that??

He has deserved the lumps he has gotten and for you to try and paint this as a racial situation is just wrong.

Because this is seriously every thread that contains KT posts > 1.

He starts out with a somewhat logical and compelling argument and then it decomposes down to "EVERYBODY HATES BLACK PEOPLE".

It's silly. The good news is, it's been quarantined to the Bobcats discussion as of late, so I haven't had to read it much anywhere else.

The bad news is, it's hard to come on here and read/discuss about this team without having racism accusations thrown in my face.. and frankly it's getting beyond annoying.

#53 mj4life

mj4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:39 PM

MJ understands it, the question is how long will the love affair last? Mike's coming into charge at a time when the Bobs are having alot of success. Whats this town gonna be like 3 years down the road when LB's not around to lobby for him and the Bobs hit a rough spot? Will it give him that blind trust and understanding that he will need to keep this thing going in the right direction? As a native I want to believe that the city will, but I have my doubts and hope Charlotte can grow up and get past race and stop thinking everyone has to look and think alike to be successful.

time will only tell. and yes it's time for this city grow up and get over the arena, george shinn , bob johnson or whomever is the flavor of the month. it time to support anything that brings positive things to the community.

#54 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:45 PM

The guy admits he doesnt give a poo about the Bobcats but he was glad to stop by and post this article for us. ;)

Nice, now we are arbitrarily assigning motivations to people.

I do "give a poo" about Pro sports in Charlotte, including the Bobcats. It was painful to me to see the franchise opportunity squandered.

You seem to think this is about race. You've tried and convicted non-minority Charlotteans of not being supportive of african-american business ventures without a shred of proof or supporting facts.

In fact, all the facts prove otherwise. From having strong african-american involvement in government as others pointed out, to having the city build an multi-million dollar arena for a black-owned sports franchise to millions and millions of dollars put into urban renewal programs throughout minority owned neighborhoods and parks.

You sir, are a bigot.

#55 Zcustom

Zcustom

The Irish Hammer

• HUDDLER
  • 5,698 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:52 PM

These arguments are so absurd I have a hard time being serious.

One last attempt. Here goes,

There is a valid point to this area being dominated by successful white businessmen. We are in NASCAR hell (heaven depending on your taste) and that is where a large portion of the rich people in the area got their wealth. The other portion is "old money" and as such tend to be white.

THIS IS NOT THE FAULT OF THE PUBLIC, OR ANYONE ON THIS MB.

You can say there is a "good ole boys club", because there is. The way I see it though, you can do one of two things.

1- Piss and moan from your couch/keyboard about why things are the way you perceive them or,

2- Change the world, make a difference, and rise above the past

Personally I choose to usher in a new era by acknowledging, but not dwelling on, the past. The only way things will ever change is if we change. I think you do a huge disservice to those you believe are being wronged by belaboring this point. There could be no worse of a mod for the Bobcats section than someone who beats the racism drum on a daily basis.

KT, you like to bash the local media (for good reason) for not focusing on the team and how it's performing, don't fall into that same trap.

I understand that this is a hot topic and it deserved being addressed, but after this can we let it go?

BTW I'll be at the game friday, I'd be more than happy to meet up with you and buy you a beer, cuz I'd be willing to bet you're an alright guy. FWIW

#56 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

I do "give a poo" about Pro sports in Charlotte, including the Bobcats. It was painful to me to see the franchise opportunity squandered.

Really? This is coming from someone who admits they've never watched a Bobcats game, I doubt it was that painful for you.

#57 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:18 PM

Really? This is coming from someone who admits they've never watched a Bobcats game, I doubt it was that painful for you.

No really... it was. My company was a sponsor of the BCs. We put money into promoting them. I actually came this || close to shaking the man's hand.

After five seasons of craptastic play, and even crappier fan turn out... the enthusiasm by our marketing folks is nil.

P.S. The majority stock holder and CEO of our company is a white man with several black VPs under him.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 25 March 2010 - 04:26 PM.

#58 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

No really... it was. My company was a sponsor of the BCs. We put money into promoting them. I actually came this || close to shaking the man's hand.

After five seasons of craptastic play, and even crappier fan turn out... the enthusiasm by our marketing folks is nil.

So your company sponsored the Bobcats, yet you've never watched a Bobcats game. I've been a 'Cats fan since day 1, and experienced all the ups and downs over the last 5 1/2 years. Why? Because I'm a real fan, and I support my hometown team no matter what. You on the other hand clearly don't. So when the Bobcats are playing in the playoffs next month, I'll have the satisfaction of knowing that I stuck with this team through thick and thin. Don't come on this forum claiming that It was painful for you to see the franchise opportunity squandered, when you never even bothered to support the team yourself. Guys like you are the reason Charlotte is known for having fair weather sports fans.

Also, the franchise opportunity was not squandered. There were mistakes made in the beginning, but the franchise is now headed in the right direction. The 'Cats are about to make the playoffs for the first time, attendance is up despite the economy, and Bobcats game ratings have more than doubled since last year despite the fact that most Carolinians can't watch the games.

Edited by CarolinaBlue704, 25 March 2010 - 05:33 PM.

#59 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 25 March 2010 - 06:07 PM

I'm a real fan, and I support my hometown team no matter what. You on the other hand clearly don't.

Wow... so I'm not a hometown supporter because I didn't want to watch "Bob's cats" in their Sunkist-Cub Scout theme'd uniforms?

Right. Sure buddy. That's why I've been to a ton of Hornet's games and Panther's games, Checkers games, KNIGHTS games, and have owned plenty of those team's merchandise.

Your "real fan" talk is a bunch of egotistical nonsense. You either are a fan or you aren't. If I go to a game, and I enjoy it, I'm as "real" a fan as someone who knows what shoe size their guards wear. Why? Because I put money in the pocket of the team same as you.

And from that perspective, no, I wasn't a fan of the Bobcats. They had no mass appeal. There was nothing endearing about the team. And it had nothing to do with Mr. Johnson's complexion.

I wanted to see a void filled that the Hornets left. Some solid team play. respectable records. Relevant logo and sensible name. Some players which had some character. Instead we got low rate crap (with a few exceptions of players).

On top of that, the way the Stadium was funded was shady at best, and seems to be designed poorly.

The PRODUCT wasn't good. Many people shared that opinion, obviously, as their attendance has had issues for awhile.

So you can stand on your pedestal of indigence and bark down to those who didn't jump on the bandwagon just because the team is there. Or, you can be a little more open minded and realize that the whole franchise was mishandled and poorly executed. Had the Bobcats been an established tradition, then the way things have been for the past 5 years would have been tolerated better. But this was an expansion team. There's a "wine and dine" phase to get the local people into the team. Johnson didn't get that.

And I agree... the franchise is headed the right direction. I have some faith in MJ. If he improves the product, maybe I'll find time to be interested.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 25 March 2010 - 06:12 PM.

#60 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 25 March 2010 - 07:17 PM

The bad news is, it's hard to come on here and read/discuss about this team without having racism accusations thrown in my face.. and frankly it's getting beyond annoying.

Tell people in Charlotte to stop being whiny racist and support their local home team. The truth hurts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com