Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chitownfootball

RE alex brown for SS chris harris

80 posts in this topic

Da Bears still crying over giving Harris up for a 5th and now want us to give him back for a player they don't want

Now that's funny,I don't care who you are !

Speaking of guys named Brown, it must really hurt to know you traded Harris away for a 5th round pick because Mike Brown was healthy and made Harris expendable... LOL

It's fun watching the Bears thrash in the offseason, make all these big signings and still not win their division.

Good luck with that whole Peppers thing, he's the Jay Cutler of DE's

Speaking of guys named Brown, it must really hurt to know you traded Harris away for a 5th round pick because Mike Brown was healthy and made Harris expendable... LOL

It's fun watching the Bears thrash in the offseason, make all these big signings and still not win their division.

Good luck with that whole Peppers thing, he's the Jay Cutler of DE's

with the way the Lions have been improving this off-season, I can seriously see Bears and Lions fighting for #3 in the division.

with the way the Lions have been improving this off-season, I can seriously see Bears and Lions fighting for #3 in the division.

yea, i dont see the bears being able to outplay the packers or the vikes. I mean, they have jake delhomme version 2.0 at QB and who on defense other than Pepper? Urlacher gets injured every other play and is only a shell of his former self.

godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg
1 person likes this

The whole point of this thread was to see if anyone had heard anything about a possible trade here. I guess not. Like I said it was likely just a rumor.

As for Chris Harris being an avg safety, I say that thinking Polomalu is top tier, Dawkins is an above avg player, Harris is in the middle. I am not knocking him. He is better than the rookies we played last year, and would start on most teams. The value now adays goes to safties with good range and coverage skills. Harris isn't really known for them.

The thing that annoyed me is how a few people here were taking shots at Alex Brown when he has been one of the most admirable and consitent players around Chicago. He has solid numbers and that doesn't even take in to account his leadership values. It's crazy to claim he isn;t as good as that dude Brayton. (look at their numbers). To clarify, he is going to be released anyway because he plays the same possition as our new top 5 RDE Peppers, and was set to earn $5M which needs to be freed to make a run at a FS (not a SS) i.e. Sharper/Atogwe.

As for Cutler, I have no idea why that was brought up, but I would take him over Delhomme or Moore anyday. We ranked 31st in the run last year so teams sat back in coverage all day and ate our neophyte receivers for dinner.

I will leave by saying Brown is a better Dlineman than anyone who plays for CAR now. I hope you guys don't sign him because if you will treat an elite DE like Peppers poorly, I can only imagine how you would treat a DE who's only good.

I hope you guys don't sign him because if you will treat an elite DE like Peppers poorly, I can only imagine how you would treat a DE who's only good.

LOL.

Yup, we treated Peppers horribly. lololololololololol

close this thread or I will gouge my eyes out!!!

C'mon man. There's no way we could pull that trade off. As much as that would be awesome, it won't happen. Ever.

The whole point of this thread was to see if anyone had heard anything about a possible trade here. I guess not. Like I said it was likely just a rumor.

As for Chris Harris being an avg safety, I say that thinking Polomalu is top tier, Dawkins is an above avg player, Harris is in the middle. I am not knocking him. He is better than the rookies we played last year, and would start on most teams. The value now adays goes to safties with good range and coverage skills. Harris isn't really known for them.

The thing that annoyed me is how a few people here were taking shots at Alex Brown when he has been one of the most admirable and consitent players around Chicago. He has solid numbers and that doesn't even take in to account his leadership values. It's crazy to claim he isn;t as good as that dude Brayton. (look at their numbers). To clarify, he is going to be released anyway because he plays the same possition as our new top 5 RDE Peppers, and was set to earn $5M which needs to be freed to make a run at a FS (not a SS) i.e. Sharper/Atogwe.

As for Cutler, I have no idea why that was brought up, but I would take him over Delhomme or Moore anyday. We ranked 31st in the run last year so teams sat back in coverage all day and ate our neophyte receivers for dinner.

I will leave by saying Brown is a better Dlineman than anyone who plays for CAR now. I hope you guys don't sign him because if you will treat an elite DE like Peppers poorly, I can only imagine how you would treat a DE who's only good.

Keep telling yourself it was your lack of a running game that caused Cutler throw all those picks... LOL

Last year we finally got a look at Cutler without Marshall and Royal and it wasn't pretty. The Bears can sign all the high priced DE's and HB's they want but until they get an OL and some WR's they will be fighting not to finish last in the NFC north.

Trading Harris for Brown would be asinine. Whatever Brown was, right now there is no comparison between the value of these two guys and that's all that matters. On top of that, if we want Brown all we have to do is wait since it's inevitable the Bears will release him.

LOL.

Yup, we treated Peppers horribly. lololololololololol

I am glad Pep hated it in CAR.

Because he loves it in CHI!

I am glad Pep hated it in CAR.

Because he loves it in CHI because there are so many ghey bars!

fixed

1 person likes this