#16 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:55 PM

I'm not sure which is hotter, That pic of Clausen or Saltmans avatar.

#17 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,874 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

my avatar.

#18 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

my avatar.

this

#19 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:16 PM

Gil Brandt: "The best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California."

#20 mario

mario

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

VIDEO: Sam Bradford throwing during his particular 'Pro Day'

He looked well but i'm not impressed at all. This work outs are made for ALL guys to look impressive and Sam Bradford is one of these guys that excels in these situations.

With thad said, he has 'St. Louis Rams' written all over him.

#21 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,490 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:43 PM

who wouldnt look good in a work out with no defense pressure.can bradford handle getting smacked around in the nfl......................................doubt it.

#22 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:20 PM

First and foremost is that he's a Clausen. On top of that, he is probably the least physically impressive 6'4" 222lb. football player I've ever seen. He's balding. He played in a pass happy offense with NFL caliber WRs against one of the weakest schedules in college football for 3 years, and only last year did he actually excel.

Add to that he is glaringly immature and brimming with undeserved bravado. He is the definition of entitled. From an intangibles persepctive, he is the anti-Bradford. And he was a weaker arm.

Let's see:

Let's discuss Clausen's running game, or lack thereof. Consider the following facts:

# Clausen never shared a backfield with a 1,000-yard rusher.

# No running back eclipsed 700 rushing yards while Clausen was at Notre Dame.

# No running back had a run longer than 27 yards during Clausen's final two years at Notre Dame.

# No running back topped five rushing touchdowns during Clausen's career.

# The team as a whole never scored more than 13 rushing touchdowns.

# Non-quarterbacks never accounted for more than 11 touchdowns in a season.

# Clausen's running game (excluding quarterbacks) averaged 3.56, 3.57, and 4.8 YPC during his career.

Personally, I don't think it's a coincidence the running game miraculously took off just as Clausen had one of the best seasons by a junior quarterback in NCAA history.

# Clausen's offensive line gave up a school-record 58 sacks in 2007.

# At least three members of that offensive line were still starting his junior year.

# Clausen had three different left tackles and three different centers over his collegiate career.

# Barring some front office's idiocy, two of those left tackles will never play a down in the NFL, let alone be drafted, and the third (Sam Young) was not only moved to the right side after Clausen's freshman season, but will almost assuredly be a Day 3 pick at the earliest.

# Given the offensive line's production throughout Clausen's career, it is HIGHLY unlikely that Chris Stewart or Dan Wenger will be drafted earlier than the fifth round, giving Eric Olsen the chance to be the highest-drafted offensive lineman of Clausen's tenure at around the third or fourth round. Trevor Robinson at right guard may have that honor in a year or two, but, he's still a guard.

Thus, we can rather safely say that Clausen had little to no talent on his offensive line.

# At the skill positions, Clausen had a substantial amount of talent - but that talent was constantly hurt. Consider the following points:

# When Clausen was a freshman, Duval Kamara broke school receiving records for a freshman. Of the top six receivers on that 2007 team, three have gone/will go undrafted (Robby Parris, David Givens, and George West), one was a true freshman running back (Armando Allen), while the top receiver was tight end John Carlson.

# As a sophomore, Clausen had true freshmen starting at tight end and wide receiver, while a pair of true sophomores started at the other receiver spot and at running back. Michael Floyd shattered Kamara's records despite missing three games.

# As a junior, Floyd missed five games (during which Notre Dame was 4-1). Kyle Rudolph missed three games (all of which Notre Dame lost), and the likely undrafted Robby Parris was fifth on the team in catches and (for all intents and purposes) started in place of Floyd.

# In all, Floyd missed eight of the 25 games (a third, for those of you who can't count) in which both he and Clausen were Domers. During the 2009 season, by far Clausen's best as a college player, Floyd and Rudolph were on the field together for four games.

Having said all this, let it be established that Clausen did not have a substantially good supporting cast around him - and even at the positions where he had talent, those players were either extremely young and inexperienced, or injured. His production in spite of this should speak for itself.

# Now, for Clausen's actual performance. We're talking 34 career starts in his career, along with an additional six attempts against Georgia Tech in the 2007 season opener. In those 34 starts, Clausen threw for:

# At least 240 yards 18 times.

# More than 300 yards 10 times.

# Greater than 400 yards 3 times.

# Three-plus touchdowns 10 times (seven of which came in his first 22 starts - his freshman and sophomore seasons).

# At least one touchdown in 13 consecutive games.

# At least 246 yards in 13 of his last 15 games, including a current streak of eight straight games.

Clausen has completed at least 70 percent of his passes nine times (min. 18 attempts), including twice with 40-plus passing attempts. He has also thrown more touchdowns than incompletions twice in his career.

Let's compare those stats to his interception numbers. Clausen has had eight multiple-interception games. He has not had more than one interception in a game since Nov. 29, 2008, giving him a 13-game streak of having one or fewer interceptions per contest. He has not had a multiple-interception home game since Sept. 13, 2008, a stretch of 11 games; during that period, he has thrown two interceptions in true home games.

Let's look at Clausen's overall performance. Since his freshman year, his quarterback rating has improved by a whopping 29 points every season (103.85 to 132.49 to 161.43). Keep in mind that Clausen was not given a redshirt at any point during his career; these are true freshman/sophomore/junior numbers.

To put Clausen's performance in perspective, his true sophomore numbers are roughly the same or better than Matt Ryan's senior season in every category except sacks (dead even at 21), attempts (Ryan had roughly 200 more), total passing yardage (Ryan had 700-plus yards more than any other pro-style quarterback drafted in the first round since 2004), and touchdowns (Ryan had 6 more TDs than Clausen). Yes, Clausen had fewer interceptions, a better completion percentage and more yards per attempt as a true sophomore than Ryan, the senior, No. 3 overall pick in 2008.

If nothing else, this ought to show Clausen's coachibility; he notably improved every season in college, and actually outperformed a senior top-five pick, which should quiet the strange murmurs that he was a "one-year wonder".

There is not a scrap of reliable evidence for why Clausen is a so-called "character concern." Nobody from the Notre Dame camp has been directly quoted as saying Clausen is a bad person to play with. The closest thing I could find? An anonymous (naturally) former teammate being quoted. For all anyone knows, it was Demetrius Jones or Munir Prince, both of whom transferred after Clausen's freshman year.

This isn't Ryan Leaf 2.0 we're talking about here. Leaf's problems, in no particular order, were that he was a one-year wonder, couldn't take criticism, and was extremely resistant to being coached up. Clausen steadily improved every year under Weis as shown above. He's proven to being extremely coachable and never complained about all the negative things that were said about him. Instead, he took it as a failure on his part and worked to improve.

I honestly don't think I need to go into the physical aspect of his game; all the tape you need on whether he can succeed in the pros is available in that highlight reel from the 2009 USC game, especially that final drive where he makes great throws under a ton of pressure (both literal and figurative). Even that anonymous former teammate that was quoted said Clausen had a great arm. Clausen is no smaller than Aaron Rodgers, so he's not too small for the position.

Moreover, while Clausen had enough injuries to be labeled injury-prone during his career at Notre Dame, he only missed two contests in his entire 35-game career, playing through bone spurs in his elbow, the flu and a torn tendon in his toe (which he aggravated later in the season). Compare this to Sam Bradford, who injured and then re-injured his throwing shoulder last year, costing him 10 games and parts of two others.

Source : Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard

Gil Brandt: "The best quarterback workout by a draft prospect that I’ve seen since I watched a private workout Troy Aikman put on for us with the Cowboys in California."

Yep, a guy who just had shoulder surgery and is a huge injury concern and has never played in a pro-style offense is clearly better than Clausen. We've never seen a scenario when a team selected a spread offense questionable arm strength guy (Alex Smith) over a pro-style more developed QB (Aaron Rodgers). I mean, that worked out well for the 49ers right?

For Bradford's sake, I hope he ends up going to Washington at 4. He can sit a year behind Campbell and learn from Shanahan. That's really the best scenario for his career I think.

Edited by RedMage138, 29 March 2010 - 05:25 PM.

#23 R0CKnR0LLA

R0CKnR0LLA

Drunk Posting

• HUDDLER
  • 8,806 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:58 PM

Carolina Husker builds an NFL franchise based on who looks best in a speedo.

#24 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:45 PM

Carolina Husker builds an NFL franchise based on who looks best in a speedo.

Yeah so?

#25 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:20 PM

NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford might have erased any doubt he'll be the No. 1 overall pick on April 22 with a commanding workout that left veteran talent evaluators from 21 NFL teams stumbling for adjectives and comparisons.

http://www.cbssports...overlist_footer

#26 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,490 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:30 PM

what the scouts expect...he is almost god in shorts.but remember he got folded by a corner and didnt get up afterwards....that would scare me if i were the rams.

#27 thunderraiden

thunderraiden

Thunder God Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

lol bradford... he played in a spread offense... find me one freaking QB in the NFL that started for a team out of a spread offense in college and performed good in the NFL.

#28 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,389 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

lol bradford... he played in a spread offense... find me one freaking QB in the NFL that started for a team out of a spread offense in college and performed good in the NFL.

Drew Brees.

Next silly statement...

#29 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:09 PM

Vince Young, maybe Alex Smith if he does as well as he did at the end of last year.

#30 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:12 PM

Vince Young, maybe Alex Smith if he does as well as he did at the end of last year.

lol you can't say VY is an accomplished NFL QB and Smith is clearly a bust of a number 1 pick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.