Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Bush destined to be President?

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Bush senior was an excellent president. Best in the last 50 years. I think Jeb should have been president instead of George W, he is infinitely better qualified.

But no, Jeb will never be president.

I cant think of any President in the last 50 years with the exception of Carter who has performed as poorly as the Bush clan. Both exited with the economy in shambles, both with record deficits, both with the country unsure of its direction. This job is about leadership, vision and direction. Its not an administrative position like a mature corporation. Father and son both missed the mark, but George W, he is a classic example of Peters Principal existing in politics.

Posted

I wondered in an old thread about Jeb and much moreso Jeb's son.

I think W ruined any chance for Jeb, but I wonder if his boy, given enough time and the inevitable pendulum swing back towards the ® might not give him a chance.

Don't underestimate his good looks and heritage.

The whole mixed heritage thing seems to work well! The question is simply if W poisoned the Bush well too much.

Posted

I'm not looking for dynastic families for my Presidents... next thing you know, we'll be drinking tea with our pinkies up

Posted

While I agree with you, you must realize that power and money stays in families.

Roosevelts, Kennedys, Clintons (watch out for Chelsea), Bush, to name a few from just modern times.

Name recognition is a big deal, as is "knowing how to play the game".

Posted

Yet another reason why we need to have major reform in our political system

Posted

While I agree with you, you must realize that power and money stays in families.

Roosevelts, Kennedys, Clintons (watch out for Chelsea), Bush, to name a few from just modern times.

Name recognition is a big deal, as is "knowing how to play the game".

Then I can't wait to vote for Monique and Unique Obama.

Posted

no more bushs no more clintons. deal?

Posted

I would take it one step further and say no more ®s and no more (D)s.....but that is because I'm a 3rd party wacko.

Posted

Dont see it...

Posted

I would take it one step further and say no more ®s and no more (D)s.....but that is because I'm a 3rd party wacko.

i'm ok with that. but i'm gonna need more qualifications from 3rd party candidates than not being R or D.

Posted

I cant think of any President in the last 50 years with the exception of Carter who has performed as poorly as the Bush clan. Both exited with the economy in shambles, both with record deficits, both with the country unsure of its direction. This job is about leadership, vision and direction. Its not an administrative position like a mature corporation. Father and son both missed the mark, but George W, he is a classic example of Peters Principal existing in politics.

I suppose you thing Franklin Delano Roosevelt was a bad president then. Afterall, the worst recession in our history took place in 1937, 5 years after Mr. Roosevelt took office.

Or perhaps you are not fond of Thomas Jefferson. He is one of the few presidents who was directly responsible for a recession when he enacted a trade embargo with Great Britain that nearly bankrupted New England.

Regarding Bush senior, as usually is the case with Americans, you give the president way to much blame or credit for the economy. If you look at the history of recessions, they have happened with regularity every 8-10 years since the the US has existed.

Bush senior raised taxes, and started the military cuts that played a big role in the balanced budget that occurred later on.

People should stop believing what they hear on MSNBC, CNN and Fox, and read a bit of history. With a few exceptions, presidents don't cause recessions.

Posted

Yet another reason why we need to have major reform in our political system

I could care less about parties. I care about competence, unlike most americans who only seem to care that a candidate is fits into a neat little issues box on certain issues (Democrats/Repubs) or rails about his or her pet economic or foreign policy theory (Libertarians and Independents).