Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haynesworth

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Does a head-stomper fit into the Richardson design for a player?

does a sucker puncher?

Posted

It really all depends on two things, does the FO think we need him, and if the FO thinks he is a team first player.

Look at Smith, if we look on the outside we wouldve thought smith was a horrible teamate, theres always more to a player than just whats more potrayed by the media.

Posted

Does a head-stomper fit into the Richardson design for a player?

Ol' Headstomp Haynesworth. No matter how good he is, I will never be a fan. One of the dirtiest moves you will ever see in the nfl, notice how pissed off he is about the call:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwxMRPTsYeo[/ame]

Posted

Watching that video makes me almost not want him on this team but have a D-line that consists of Peppers, Haynesworth, Kemoeatu and maybe Charles Johnson next year makes my mouth drool.

Posted

It really all depends on two things, does the FO think we need him, and if the FO thinks he is a team first player.

Look at Smith, if we look on the outside we wouldve thought smith was a horrible teamate, theres always more to a player than just whats more potrayed by the media.

Somebody that stomps their cleated shoe on an un-helmeted player is NOT a player I would want on my team, production be damned

Posted

does a sucker puncher?

Apparently. But, like I said prior to the season, the Panthers should have traded Smitty for Boldin

Posted

Apparently. But, like I said prior to the season, the Panthers should have traded Smitty for Boldin
Glad that didn't happen!Not dissing Boldin,he's good but he aint no Smitty,plus he's had the injury bug this year.

Posted

We dont have a first rounder this year, so we can spend some of that money on a guy like Haynesworth.

Posted

As far as I know, he's been good this season. The head stomp was two seasons agom right? I mean, Smith has punched two players AND had an altercation in his early days on the field.

Posted

We actually could afford him depending on other cuts/deals.

You guys always forget the magic our FO does when it can.

IMO it will be looked at. We dont have a 1st round pick and improving the end side will be on the list next year. He is also a Hartsville,SC native and that about 2 and half hours from the Queen city so its possible.

Posted

Don't want someone like that on the team. I love Smitty but he pushes the envelop enough as it is.

And what Haynesworth did is 10 times worse in my opinion.

Posted

If it comes down to keeping Gross and Pep or losing one of them to sign Haynesworth, would we give up one. Note that both Gross and Peppers have not signed offer sheets that by general opinion were very good offers. Is it possible we will lose on or the other anyway. Could Haynesworth make up for losing Peppers particularly if he decides to go elsewhere and we don't franchise him. Gross seems the one who is most likely to leave given he wouldn't sign last year and we won't franchise him again.

Think Haynesworth would give us a discount if we win it all this year? Would he like to play on a Superbowl team if Tennessee doesn't make it.