Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Haynesworth

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Gross who?

I won't get my hopes up though.

Posted

Over on the Falcons board, they're having this same exact thread.

Posted

I could see him in an Atlanta uniform next year..

Panthers...nope....

Posted

Everyone here is acting like they know everything about Haynesworth based on that one day two years ago when he stomped that guy's head. He has had exemplary behavior the past two days and I remember reading an interview with him shortly after the incident that gave me some new respect for him. I remember he said he was completely disgusted with himself after that and I believe he took anger management classes or something of the sort to deal with his problem. People make mistakes, take a page out of Ken Lucas' book and think about how Haynesworth may have grown since that incident.

Having him on our defense would be great, its our major position of need and he is one of the best, if not the best, in the league.

Posted

Like I said a lil while ago, we really should go after Haynesworth. Our defense imo would be close to 2003 all over again

We'll see

Posted

The cap will increase by 7m, this is doable...

Posted

Cut Lucas, cut one of those TE, cut lewis, cut landon johnson, cut brayton, cut hackett, cut walker, and some more

What about now

Posted

I bet Fisher set his ass straight though cuz he don't take no ish.

Posted

Haynesworth lining up next to Pep? Are you kidding me? It'd be a bloodbath. Who the hell would you double?

Posted

i think we should pull the trigger. i know most of us want to keep peppers and gross, but i just dont think gross wants to be here, if he did, he would have signe the offer we gave him. i have no answer for how we would replace Gross' performance on the feild, but with the salary-cap going up, and not having to sign a first rouner, we CAN afford peppers and haynesworth. maybe the drop off in offensive production would be more than made up for with muchg better defensive production?

Posted

Cut Lucas, cut one of those TE, cut lewis, cut landon johnson, cut brayton, cut hackett, cut walker, and some more

What about now

No on Lucas, Rosario (might as well say it), and Brayton

Posted

We actually could afford him depending on other cuts/deals.

You guys always forget the magic our FO does when it can.

It's within the realm of possibility, and the lack of a first rounder heightens the need to sign a good free agent.

With that said, I still put the notion that we could somehow wind up with Albert Haynesworth or Nnamdi Asomugha under the category of wishful thinking. If we get either of those guys next season while still managing to keep Gross and Peppers, I'll shave my head.