Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drkmay

Panthers Wish List - Leave Feedback..

16 posts in this topic

Okay, we'll go into the season with Davis and Anderson starting, one of them goes down in the preseason with an injury and is replaced by Connor...

You are now in a position where you go into the season with 3 LBs, a few scrubs backing them up, no pass rush or run stopping ability in front of them, and a decent secondary behind them... We'll get carved up like a turkey on Thanksgiving by opposing RBs...

On offense, we have one of the best WRs of all time, a WR who has never really gotten an opportunity, TEs that can catch, a dual headed rushing attack that is quite possibly the best of all time, and a great offensive line leading the way...

Unless we can get Golden Tate or Dez Bryant, we are losing value at #48 by picking a WR... The next tier are simply graded in the 50's, 60's, and 70's overall...

IF we don't move up to the late 20's/early 30's, I'm almost 100% positive that we won't pick a WR with our first pick unless we trade down to the late 50's or early 60's...

SLJ,

Whilst I completely agree that OLB is a glaring need, WR is in exactly the same situation. We have 3 WRs who are slated to make the cut, however only one is known starting quality, the other two have significantly less experience than our LBs slated to fill in.

I suppose it will all depend on how the chips fall, however I can see us filling the depth at LB much more capably in the later rounds than getting the depth at WR.

I don't think a starting olb is that important depth is but we don't need 3 studs to make the playoffs. Not having 3 studs has never held us back but a lack of pass rush and no #2 WR has.

SLJ, I find your lack of faith disturbing...

haha... Get it ... its off Star Trek!