Leon Panetta to head CIA? :ack2:

http://www.cnn.com/2....cia/index.html

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:23 AM

CIA is in major need of a housecleaning. They've been preempted by DIA, NSA, Homeland Security, and lots of other acronyms.

#3 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 09:47 AM

CIA is in major need of a housecleaning. They've been preempted by DIA, NSA, Homeland Security, and lots of other acronyms.

He has no intelligence experience. None. Even Feinstein isn't happy about it.

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:02 AM

Apparently Obama feels they need management issues solved at the top more than intel experience at this point. Panetta has shown he is a good manager and organizer.

#5 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 10:59 AM

Apparently Obama feels they need management issues solved at the top more than intel experience at this point. Panetta has shown he is a good manager and organizer.

He'll get soooo much cooperation and respect from the intel community. Yah.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:06 AM

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Leon_Panetta

Panetta and his wife founded the Leon & Sylvia Panetta Institute for Public Policy in December 1998, where they serve as the Institute's directors. The Institute is located at California State University, Monterey Bay. Panetta was instrumental in creating CSU Monterey by converting Fort Ord, where he was chief of operations and planning of the intelligence section when he was in the army, into the university.

In 2006 he was part of the Iraq Study Group aka the Baker Commission.

Also interesting:

He is credited with developing the budget package that would eventually result in the balanced budget of 1998. On July 17, 1994, he was appointed White House Chief of Staff by Clinton, a position he held until January 20, 1997. He was an important negotiator of the 1996 budget, which was another important step towards balancing the budget.

#7 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:18 AM

He still has no direct intelligence experience at a federal department.

I'm sure he's a fine manager, but when does it ever work out when a manager is assigned and the people working below them know that they know nothing about what they do, or have never experienced it? How would you feel if your uber boss said "meet your new supervisor" and the person had no direct experience? Motivated? Resentful?

#8 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

My boss knows nothing about the technical work I do, that's why she has me. The way i feel is "Man, I hope she thinks I do good enough work to keep my job".

I get it, you don't like Leon Panetta for some reason. The fact is that he served as Chief of Staff to a President, so I would imagine he has some idea how intel works at the top level of government.

#9 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:40 AM

My boss knows nothing about the technical work I do, that's why she has me. The way i feel is "Man, I hope she thinks I do good enough work to keep my job".

I get it, you don't like Leon Panetta for some reason. The fact is that he served as Chief of Staff to a President, so I would imagine he has some idea how intel works at the top level of government.

I don't give a crap about Panetta, like I said I'm sure he's a good manager and his resume seems to reflect it. I just want people at the top of our most critical departments to be as qualified as possible. Feinstein ain't it either.

#10 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,793 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

the type of people ranting about this pick shows that it was the perfect choice. (not in this thread but in general)

#11 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,139 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:01 PM

Yeah, I think they were hoping for Rumsfeld to get it

#12 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,899 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

You'll be hard-pressed to find any executive/head of dept that has real "hands-on" experience

#13 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:05 PM

Yeah, I think they were hoping for Rumsfeld to get it

lmao

#14 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,819 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

He has no intelligence experience. None. Even Feinstein isn't happy about it.

Therin lies the "shake up." I think it is much needed as they have seemed to have gotten soft with no clear enemy they can/want to bother with. I myself can think of a couple (of enemies) we should be doing the ol dirty deeds to like in the old days.

Who cares what Feinstein thinks anyway? That decrepid old biatch never likes anything.

#15 catfang

catfang

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,284 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

Therin lies the "shake up." I think it is much needed as they have seemed to have gotten soft with no clear enemy they can/want to bother with. I myself can think of a couple (of enemies) we should be doing the ol dirty deeds to like in the old days.

Who cares what Feinstein thinks anyway? That decrepid old biatch never likes anything.

well, same person who has proposed Panetta has made her head of senate intelligence committee.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com