Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We're screwed

26 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

CIA is in major need of a housecleaning. They've been preempted by DIA, NSA, Homeland Security, and lots of other acronyms.

Posted · Report post

CIA is in major need of a housecleaning. They've been preempted by DIA, NSA, Homeland Security, and lots of other acronyms.

He has no intelligence experience. None. Even Feinstein isn't happy about it.

Posted · Report post

Apparently Obama feels they need management issues solved at the top more than intel experience at this point. Panetta has shown he is a good manager and organizer.

Posted · Report post

Apparently Obama feels they need management issues solved at the top more than intel experience at this point. Panetta has shown he is a good manager and organizer.

He'll get soooo much cooperation and respect from the intel community. Yah.

Posted · Report post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Panetta

Panetta and his wife founded the Leon & Sylvia Panetta Institute for Public Policy in December 1998, where they serve as the Institute's directors. The Institute is located at California State University, Monterey Bay. Panetta was instrumental in creating CSU Monterey by converting Fort Ord, where he was chief of operations and planning of the intelligence section when he was in the army, into the university.

In 2006 he was part of the Iraq Study Group aka the Baker Commission.

Also interesting:

He is credited with developing the budget package that would eventually result in the balanced budget of 1998. On July 17, 1994, he was appointed White House Chief of Staff by Clinton, a position he held until January 20, 1997. He was an important negotiator of the 1996 budget, which was another important step towards balancing the budget.

Posted · Report post

He still has no direct intelligence experience at a federal department.

I'm sure he's a fine manager, but when does it ever work out when a manager is assigned and the people working below them know that they know nothing about what they do, or have never experienced it? How would you feel if your uber boss said "meet your new supervisor" and the person had no direct experience? Motivated? Resentful?

Posted · Report post

My boss knows nothing about the technical work I do, that's why she has me. The way i feel is "Man, I hope she thinks I do good enough work to keep my job".

I get it, you don't like Leon Panetta for some reason. The fact is that he served as Chief of Staff to a President, so I would imagine he has some idea how intel works at the top level of government.

Posted · Report post

My boss knows nothing about the technical work I do, that's why she has me. The way i feel is "Man, I hope she thinks I do good enough work to keep my job".

I get it, you don't like Leon Panetta for some reason. The fact is that he served as Chief of Staff to a President, so I would imagine he has some idea how intel works at the top level of government.

I don't give a crap about Panetta, like I said I'm sure he's a good manager and his resume seems to reflect it. I just want people at the top of our most critical departments to be as qualified as possible. Feinstein ain't it either.

Posted · Report post

the type of people ranting about this pick shows that it was the perfect choice. (not in this thread but in general)

Posted · Report post

Yeah, I think they were hoping for Rumsfeld to get it

Posted · Report post

You'll be hard-pressed to find any executive/head of dept that has real "hands-on" experience