Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

We're screwed

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, I think they were hoping for Rumsfeld to get it

lmao

Posted

He has no intelligence experience. None. Even Feinstein isn't happy about it.

Therin lies the "shake up." I think it is much needed as they have seemed to have gotten soft with no clear enemy they can/want to bother with. I myself can think of a couple (of enemies) we should be doing the ol dirty deeds to like in the old days.

Who cares what Feinstein thinks anyway? That decrepid old biatch never likes anything.

Posted

Therin lies the "shake up." I think it is much needed as they have seemed to have gotten soft with no clear enemy they can/want to bother with. I myself can think of a couple (of enemies) we should be doing the ol dirty deeds to like in the old days.

Who cares what Feinstein thinks anyway? That decrepid old biatch never likes anything.

well, same person who has proposed Panetta has made her head of senate intelligence committee.....

Posted

George Bush Sr had no previous experience in Intelligence before he was name Director of the CIA

Posted

George Bush Jr was elected President of the US with no intelligence.

Posted

:lol:

Posted

Sorry, but this is a dumb call. It's the equivalent of putting Bill Gates in charge of the military. Gates might be a fine manager and businessman, but he knows nothing about being a soldier or running a military operation.

Seriously, you guys are being Obama homers on this one.

I'm willing to admit I was also skeptical about Sanjay Gupta as Surgeon General until I read a little about his background. After that I was okay.

But Leon Panetta in charge of the CIA? That's boneheaded.

Posted

I'd rather go with him than the guy Fienstein is lobbying for...Overall, he is not qualified for the job, and out intel is gonna get worse under the new regime...Good thing terrorism is not real!

Posted

I'd rather go with him than the guy Fienstein is lobbying for...Overall, he is not qualified for the job, and out intel is gonna get worse under the new regime...Good thing terrorism is not real!

Oh terrorism is quite real and it succeeds everytime everyday Americans are seriously worried about it instead of continuing to live and work without it weighing on their conscience

Posted

Change, people. It's all about change. That means doing things different.

But as long as he manages and lets the spies do their job, there shouldn't be a problem.

Posted

Personally, I don't care. He may be as good as the next guy. If he manages, but leaves the intel work to the professionals, then he will do ok. But his boss, Admiral Blair certainly has experience, although his experience is more of a consumer of intelligence data than as a provider. He is head of PACOM (Pacific Command).

I actually had to give a briefing to Pacom back a few years ago. It was the most nervous 5 minutes of my life.

Posted

Its a good pick, The problem with the intelligence agencies is that they all hate each other, one of the biggest probs on 9/11 was a lack of communication before hand between FBI CIA NSA.

Someone coming in who is unbias and wont be tainted by interagency rivalries is a good thing.