25 replies to this topic

#16 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,885 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

George Bush Sr had no previous experience in Intelligence before he was name Director of the CIA

#17 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,723 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 02:24 PM

George Bush Jr was elected President of the US with no intelligence.

#18 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• HUDDLER
  • 6,806 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 03:53 PM

:lol:

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,665 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:48 PM

Sorry, but this is a dumb call. It's the equivalent of putting Bill Gates in charge of the military. Gates might be a fine manager and businessman, but he knows nothing about being a soldier or running a military operation.

Seriously, you guys are being Obama homers on this one.

I'm willing to admit I was also skeptical about Sanjay Gupta as Surgeon General until I read a little about his background. After that I was okay.

But Leon Panetta in charge of the CIA? That's boneheaded.

#20 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 06:53 PM

I'd rather go with him than the guy Fienstein is lobbying for...Overall, he is not qualified for the job, and out intel is gonna get worse under the new regime...Good thing terrorism is not real!

#21 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,785 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:18 PM

I'd rather go with him than the guy Fienstein is lobbying for...Overall, he is not qualified for the job, and out intel is gonna get worse under the new regime...Good thing terrorism is not real!

Oh terrorism is quite real and it succeeds everytime everyday Americans are seriously worried about it instead of continuing to live and work without it weighing on their conscience

#22 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 47,230 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:35 PM

Change, people. It's all about change. That means doing things different.

But as long as he manages and lets the spies do their job, there shouldn't be a problem.

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,675 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 07:57 PM

Personally, I don't care. He may be as good as the next guy. If he manages, but leaves the intel work to the professionals, then he will do ok. But his boss, Admiral Blair certainly has experience, although his experience is more of a consumer of intelligence data than as a provider. He is head of PACOM (Pacific Command).

I actually had to give a briefing to Pacom back a few years ago. It was the most nervous 5 minutes of my life.

#24 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:31 PM

Its a good pick, The problem with the intelligence agencies is that they all hate each other, one of the biggest probs on 9/11 was a lack of communication before hand between FBI CIA NSA.

Someone coming in who is unbias and wont be tainted by interagency rivalries is a good thing.

#25 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 03:15 PM

Will the CIA spooks interfere with Zod's ghostbusting team? That's the only thing I care about.

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,675 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 05:59 PM

Its a good pick, The problem with the intelligence agencies is that they all hate each other, one of the biggest probs on 9/11 was a lack of communication before hand between FBI CIA NSA.

Someone coming in who is unbias and wont be tainted by interagency rivalries is a good thing.

They don't hate each other. I worked with CIA/NSA/DIA analyst, and the rivalries are a bit overstated. Most of the problems irt sharing information were bureaucratic in nature. The problem is, at least when I was there, was that they all compete for budget dollars.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com