Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arabic man sues airport

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Guys, all he had to do was put on another shirt. Let's not get carried away on the other side of this.

Like I said, both sides are right, both are wrong.

If it was just me and this guy getting on a plane, I wouldn't worry (and his shirt translated into something that wasn't exactly innocent...it's in the story). But if I'm getting on with my wife and kids...I'd think twice. I really would. All this poo going down in Israel right now, you never know.

Posted · Report post

Bowing to the ignorance of others.

It's what makes America great.

Posted · Report post

Face it: the guy is not "wrong" to wear a shirt with Arabic writing on it. It has nothing to do with someone wearing a shirt that says "I hate black people" in Harlem. If the shirt said, "Die Infidels!" on it you might make a case. It's not the guys fault others are ignorant and stupid, and that includes the airline people.

Posted · Report post

Not everyone feels comfortable wearing hoods n white robes...

Posted · Report post

$240k? *goes to buy Arabi writing T and book flight cross-county*

Posted · Report post

Face it: the guy is not "wrong" to wear a shirt with Arabic writing on it. It has nothing to do with someone wearing a shirt that says "I hate black people" in Harlem. If the shirt said, "Die Infidels!" on it you might make a case. It's not the guys fault others are ignorant and stupid, and that includes the airline people.

In most situations, I agree with you. Getting on an airplane, considering what happened to this country not so long ago, the circumstances change.

What if he had a t-shirt that said in English "I have a bomb"? Is it still freedome of speech? The lines are fuzzy here. The bottom line is an Arabic t-shirt does scare the poo out of other passengers. And if you're the airline, those passengers are your life blood.

Posted · Report post

In most situations, I agree with you. Getting on an airplane, considering what happened to this country not so long ago, the circumstances change.

What if he had a t-shirt that said in English "I have a bomb"? Is it still freedome of speech? The lines are fuzzy here. The bottom line is an Arabic t-shirt does scare the sh*t out of other passengers. And if you're the airline, those passengers are your life blood.

Having a tee shirt that says I have a bomb is a completely different situation. What you are doing is gross, way over the board stereotyping.

Do ignorant people have the right to be worried about someone with Arabic on their shirt? Sure. Do ignorant people have the right to not let him board the plane without changing it? No.

Posted · Report post

Having a tee shirt that says I have a bomb is a completely different situation. What you are doing is gross, way over the board stereotyping.

Do ignorant people have the right to be worried about someone with Arabic on their shirt? Sure. Do ignorant people have the right to not let him board the plane without changing it? No.

The "ignorant people" aren't the ones not letting him on board. That would be the company that relies on those people, and needs to make them feel safe as it lifts them thousands of feet into the air in a tin can with wings.

This guy wasn't thrown in jail. He was simply told to put on a different shirt. Considering the fact we all have to take our shoes and jackets off, and have our luggage ripped apart because of what Arab terrorists did, I don't think it's nearly as bad as you liberals think it is.

Posted · Report post

As someone who flies, more than I like to, I couldnt give two shits about peoples tshirts. I am more worried about pilot fatigue and bitter mechanics.

Posted · Report post

The "ignorant people" aren't the ones not letting him on board. That would be the company that relies on those people, and needs to make them feel safe as it lifts them thousands of feet into the air in a tin can with wings.

This guy wasn't thrown in jail. He was simply told to put on a different shirt. Considering the fact we all have to take our shoes and jackets off, and have our luggage ripped apart because of what Arab terrorists did, I don't think it's nearly as bad as you liberals think it is.

You are mixing up reasonable (well kinda) and legally mandated security procedures with a tshirt that i assume made it through the checkpoint just fine.

When people forbid white dudes driving U Hauls to come within a mile of federal buildings successfully, we can worry about t shirts.

Posted · Report post

conservative nanny state.

Posted · Report post

The self righteousness is blinding. Whoa.

There is a reason they don't show movies with planes going down while on the plane. But it's only a movie so whats the big deal?

Ahh, because it makes people uncomfortable.

To those who say no biggie. Next time a dude is on the plane and is of Mid Eastern descent. If your not already see if you can switch seats with the person next to him.

On this board, you can say all you want about it being no big deal. But you will probably never admit but when a guy like the one this thread is about gets on YOUR plane, you take a gulp and do the oh man deal and hope its no big deal.

Sorry if this guy was offended. But the hijackers had no issues getting on their plane.

The world has a different context to it. Blame those guys for the over reaction to a hip t shirt.