Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Arabic man sues airport

51 posts in this topic

Posted

Again...I fear pilot fatigue more. Anyone who flies more than once a year pry wouldnt give this guy 2 looks...he made it through security I'm not worried. He aint hijacking poo with a tshirt. Call it self righteous I call it sanity.

Posted

The self righteousness is blinding. Whoa.

There is a reason they don't show movies with planes going down while on the plane. But it's only a movie so whats the big deal?

Ahh, because it makes people uncomfortable.

To those who say no biggie. Next time a dude is on the plane and is of Mid Eastern descent. If your not already see if you can switch seats with the person next to him.

On this board, you can say all you want about it being no big deal. But you will probably never admit but when a guy like the one this thread is about gets on YOUR plane, you take a gulp and do the oh man deal and hope its no big deal.

Sorry if this guy was offended. But the hijackers had no issues getting on their plane.

The world has a different context to it. Blame those guys for the over reaction to a hip t shirt.

Finally a voice of reason. Thank you.

Posted

Again...I fear pilot fatigue more. Anyone who flies more than once a year pry wouldnt give this guy 2 looks...he made it through security I'm not worried. He aint hijacking sh*t with a tshirt. Call it self righteous I call it sanity.

Naw, I'm with ya but with a tiny however, the t-shirt is a non issue. The sanity part also goes with the airlines keeping the fliers coming back.

Too many get spooked and there ya go.

To make it past security with anything on you wrong nowadays is near impossible. James Bond maybe gets by now.

Posted

The self righteousness is blinding. Whoa.

There is a reason they don't show movies with planes going down while on the plane. But it's only a movie so whats the big deal?

Ahh, because it makes people uncomfortable.

To those who say no biggie. Next time a dude is on the plane and is of Mid Eastern descent. If your not already see if you can switch seats with the person next to him.

On this board, you can say all you want about it being no big deal. But you will probably never admit but when a guy like the one this thread is about gets on YOUR plane, you take a gulp and do the oh man deal and hope its no big deal.

Sorry if this guy was offended. But the hijackers had no issues getting on their plane.

The world has a different context to it. Blame those guys for the over reaction to a hip t shirt.

so where's the line? if not allowing someone on a plane because they're wearing a t-shirt in a different language is reasonable then what isn't reasonable?

Posted

If he was able to go thru the Express line withOUT being checked out, I have a problem.

The only line should be at security.

Posted

I remember in high school i wore a shirt that had calvin and hobbes acting drunk and saying something funny and was asked to go home and put a diff shirt on.. airport or school or anywhere public people are too senstive.

Posted

Most of us on here (self included) would not be afraid to fly with that guy. But you HAVE to consider the squeamish, especially if you're a business. Why do you think Zod stopped showing boobies on this site? I don't think the airline should be chastised for wanting to make all the elderly people flying that day feel safer. I also don't think it's wrong for someone to wear a shirt with Arabic writing on it. This is just one of those situations where both sides are right, and both are wrong.

Posted

A flight I was on recently had 3 turban wearers in the rows ahead of me. I felt perfectly comfortable on the flight once I had frisked them and unraveled their turbans to make sure there were no bombs in them.

Posted

A flight I was on recently had 3 turban wearers in the rows ahead of me. I felt perfectly comfortable on the flight once I had frisked them and unraveled their turbans to make sure there were no bombs in them.

you giggling during the frisking makes you seem unprofessional.

Posted

Couldn't help it I thought of something funny.

Posted

Anything written in spanish must belong to cartels... Since they(cartels) speak spanish, we must arrest anyone who has spanish clothing on and seize all property with mexican writing....

Posted

Anything written in spanish must belong to cartels... Since they(cartels) speak spanish, we must arrest anyone who has spanish clothing on and seize all property with mexican writing....

Things written in Spanish don't spook airline passengers. It is what it is.