Drafting a DE

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,551 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 01:32 PM

Well, we kinda lost a big one this year, and while I think Johnson and Brown can do some damage this year, they sure as hell ain't going to replace Pep without some help.

No first round pick? No problem. Jared Allen, Justin Tuck, Trent Cole, Robert Mathis, and Ray Edwards were all picked in the 3rd round or later. DE

Here are some difference makers I could see being there in the second or (much) later:

Corey Wootton:

If his ACL has made the progress it looked like it had made and he's still there at pick 48, dooooo itttttt! Great burst, size and character who's fallen only because of a freak injury in a bowl game in 2008.

Ricky Sapp:

Like Wootton, almost certainly gone by the end of the second if not before which may make him unattractive to the Panthers as they can't afford to use their first pick on a guy who can't currently play the run. Could bulk up and become the complete package.

Brandan Lang:

He's a fast, athletic DE from Troy. I'm never going to doubt any of their defenders anymore. Still, he's raw and has poor instincts.

Austen Lane:

Bit of a project, but definitely showed production at his level. Has a body that can pack even more muscle on without losing much. Hard to tell where he'll be taken. But becomes a no brainer from the 4th on.

Posted Image

CJ Wilson:

Obviously presents some jersey problems unless our CB depth chart changes. Has great size and the ability to go outside or in on passing downs. Small chance of greatness, but great chance to help out immensely in rotation.

Jason Worilds:

Already discussed quite a bit here. Obvious injury and size concerns, but starts to become attractive in the 3rd round

Other players of interest:

Koa Misi: Just a player. Would most likely end up a rotational guy, but as a 3rd-5th rounder, you know exactly what you're getting

Brandon Deaderick: Can play DE or DT. Good depth. Also played a week after getting shot. Automatic street cred.

Alex Carrington: Oh so much talent but oh so dumb (and possibly lazy). Buyer beware.

Hall Davis: Looks like he should be a world beater, but did nothing against poor competition. Nice project though.

#2 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,118 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:25 PM

I would like Austen Lane in the 3rd or 4th

#3 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 03:28 PM

Great vids...nice post...thanks!

Yeah, Wootton would be great in the 2nd. I would also take Tyson Alualu (who could play both inside & out), if he happened to fall that far (but I doubt that).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com