Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

George Shinn is about to sell the Hornets

61 posts in this topic

Posted

stop.

1 person likes this

Posted

popcorn_soda.jpg

Posted

stop.

Haha. Sorry. Didn't see your first post.

Posted

Speaking of vaginal fluid......:D

Posted

I'm genuinely happy for the city of New Orleans.

I genuinely don't give a damn about the Hornets... but I'm grateful they served as a stepping stone to launch us into the playoffs, they finally did right by Charlotte.

Posted

I don't care about the Hornets either. That ship sailed a long time ago. But after Katrina, the city itself could use a ray of sunshine.

Superbowl win AND Shinn is selling the Hornets?

What devil did N'awleans make a deal with?

Posted

plus a new mayor

things are looking up.

Posted

George says "not so fast!". Talks have stalled...

NEW ORLEANS — A person familiar with negotiations says Hornets sale talks between George Shinn and minority owner Gary Chouest have reached an "impasse" and that Shinn now wants to speak with other possible buyers.

Shinn's preference is to deal only with investors who want to keep the Hornets in New Orleans, the person told The Associated Press on Friday, speaking on the condition of anonymity because Shinn and Chouest have yet to publicly discuss the sale.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hNVVymb_A-KG8k7q-VZ10sXzocFgD9F91B5O1

Posted

I call Shinnanigans!

Posted

shinn's going to sell to our local guy, he doesn't have the money to buyout the 40% he owes to our new guy and sell. he's just in shock at how far the value of his franchise has fallen like the bobcats.

Posted

I wish he'd sell them to Ray Wooldridge.

Posted

Attendance for Hornets games has been lower than the club hoped, despite a 13-6 start. Through 10 home games, average attendance has been 13,865. If it doesn't pick up, the Hornets could have the right to break their lease at the New Orleans Arena after this season. The lease runs through 2014, but the team is allowed to break it if average attendance falls below 14,735 during a two-year period.

NBA wants to buy the team to keep it in new orleans