Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

476 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Like I was saying in the beginning of the year, I would love to have that Braves pitching staff (bullpen included) but their batting lineup is adequate at best. They might get streaky here and there, but that is not a good offensive lineup. Maybe they could bring Kelly Johnson back? Kid has been killing the ball this year.

Can someone please tell me what Escobar was thinking on Saturday when he decided not to tag up on 3rd and caused the double play? I seriously think there is something wrong with that kid at times.

Posted · Report post

Needless to say, this is a low point for the braves franchise. I really hope that it is just a bunch of cold bats, and that it does not last long.

I'm confident Mac and Escobar will turn it around and start hitting. But I'm not so sure about anyone else. It is down right depressing to look through the BA's of the braves lineup.

In the past it was always Chipper who would hit through these slumps and keep the offense together. Obviously, he is no longer able to be that guy. Someone really needs to step up and get the team going. I'm thinking McCann is going to have to be that guy.

Posted · Report post

How is Derek Lowe 3-1? Can anyone explain this?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mesmer']How is Derek Lowe 3-1? Can anyone explain this?[/QUOTE]
3rd highest run support in the National League.

Posted · Report post

I say we leave Troy Glaus in St. Louis.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mesmer']I say we leave Troy Glaus in St. Louis.[/QUOTE]

LoL I was just thinking the exact same thing! :confused:

[b]Will we ever win again?[/b]:(

Posted · Report post

Well one thing is for sure, The Phillies are doing nothing to capitalize on the Braves slow start.

Can't believe the Mets are in first!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

Well, it seems inevitable that the Braves will never win another game. I just wish I could have seen it coming so I could have savored the last one a little bit more.

Posted · Report post

Now we have KK toeing the rubber tonight, and he has the worst luck in the world it seems!:(

Posted · Report post

We need to do something to shake up the lineup. Our bats are just awful right now. It's like, imagine if you had the pitcher bat 4 or 5 times in the lineup lol.

Posted · Report post

Bobby needs Esque to GTFO of the leadoff spot, I know nothing else is working either but Cabrera's batting is finally coming alive and he'll take a walk, move him back to the top spot!

Posted · Report post

The Braves are gonna need to start like LOHA (lead of hitters anonymous) so they can talk about how emotionally scarred they are from hitting out of the spot.

Melky needs more time for his confidence to recover. :lol:

Posted · Report post

Bout time....

I forgot how it felt!:)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Johnny Rockets']Well one thing is for sure, The Phillies are doing nothing to capitalize on the Braves slow start.

Can't believe the Mets are in first!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Well if the Phillies would beat them the next two games the Nats could move to first place.

Posted · Report post

Nice to see the offense finally waking up. My ideal lineup, while still being traditional:

McLouth
Prado
Chipper
McCann
Glaus
Heyward
Escobar
Hinske

Hinske is the superior hitter to Melky, he should be the LH part of a platoon in LF with Matt Diaz. Too bad Bobby won't do it. What should be coming though is Heyward's move to the three-hole with Chipper either hitting second (preferred) or fifth.

Posted · Report post

lol how is Hinske supposed to play the outfield?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Mesmer']lol how is Hinske supposed to play the outfield?[/QUOTE]

Hinske is supposed to play the outfield the same way he has his entire career. He played the OF in 206 games and was played a lot of OF for the 2008 AL Champion Tampa Bay Rays.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='BF91']Hinske is supposed to play the outfield the same way he has his entire career. He played the OF in 206 games and was played a lot of OF for the 2008 AL Champion Tampa Bay Rays.[/QUOTE]

Can't find the edit button. That's supposed to read: "He's played the outfield in 206 games and played a lot in the OF for the 2008 AL Champion Tampa Bay Rays.

Posted · Report post

[B]3 in a row![/b] Love it!:cool:

Posted · Report post

Had some friends that went down for this weekends series. I couldn't go because of a stupid community yard sale that we were having!!!!!@%#%R!#$!#$!

Best thing about Atlanta's ballbark is that you can still buy a $1 ticket and go stand at The Top of The Chop in right field and have a great view while drinking $3 draft beers.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jackson 5'][B]3 in a row![/b] Love it!:cool:[/QUOTE]

So much for that.

Posted · Report post

Why the hell do we always suck against the Nats? This team drives me to drink.

Posted · Report post

Because the Nats are the greatest!

Posted · Report post

Going to the game tonight. I've got a good feeling about things. I was going to go last night, but I changed my mind because I want to see Hanson pitch. I have a feeling he is going to have a career night tonight.

Posted · Report post

Hanson going tonight, man I just love watching him pitch. As good as our rotation is, its crazy to think how good we potentially could have been if we hadn't traded Waino. Wainwright-Jurrjens-Hanson at the top of a rotation? Now that's just plain sick.