Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

476 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

You don't like Nate "Might as well be the pitcher batting" McClouth?

Posted · Report post

Question for you Braves fans...

Is Mike Gonzalez really this bad?

Posted · Report post

Didn't think we would be a Giants squad with Lincecum getting the start. We had it for a while but we couldn't get the bats going again.

At least Heyward hit #3.

Posted · Report post

I want to say 'No, he isn't' but i'm really not sure at this point. I feel like he never made a full recovery from good ol' Tommy Jone. In '07 before he went down he was pitching lights out. After he came back he'd show flashes of his previous dominance, but I felt like he lost any kind of consistency. He also seemed to have more trouble in high pressure situations.

FYI - Back before the surgery he didn't do that rocking back and forth motion. He still started his windup from the same position but he was standing still not rocking. I don't know why he started doing that.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It'd be nice if the Braves take 2 of 3 against San Diego.

Hopefully, the offense helps out Jurrjens tonight by scoring some runs.

Posted · Report post

So much for that, luls. 17-2.

I thought this team would be a team that scores a lot of runs, but has trouble with giving up runs. Not because of poor fielding, but just because our starting pitchers are so-so.

It seemed it would go that way in the first game vs. the Cubs but our bats just suck right now. Especially with runners in scoring position.

Posted · Report post

Saw a report last night that he might have "the Thing" otherwise known as Steve Blass disease that guys like Ankiel and Wohlers got. I haven't seen Gonzales pitch this year but they were saying is in incapable of throwing strikes and has no control over where the ball is going.

Posted · Report post

WTF happened last night??? Took the gf bowling, didn't watch the game. I get home and see 17-2, with JJ on the mound???

Not too much of a surprise to see the offense not score or JoJo give up a poo ton of runs but JJ giving up 8 in an inning is shocking. To those who saw the game: what went wrong? I can't even remember the last time he got completely shelled.

Posted · Report post

I'm surprised there's so many fans on the site. I figured everyone in Carolina hated Atl

Posted · Report post

I'm surprised there's so many fans on the site. I figured everyone in Carolina hated Atl

Well for a very long time Atlanta was the one in only team in the entire southeastern united states.

The Marlins first season was '93, Tampa was '98, and Washington was '05. Before those teams the next closest city with a MLB team was either Cincinnati, Baltimore, or Houston. So the braves were the closest team for most people in GA, FL, NC, SC, AL, MS, TN.

My braves fandom pre-dates the existence of the Carolina panthers and their rivalry with the falcons. It used to be that Atlanta sports teams represented a huge chunk of the nation due to the lack of big metropolitan areas in the south. I think it's safe to say that most true southerners are braves fans.

Plus, the other teams in the "southeast", the Marlins, Rays, and Nats aren't really in the south at all because we all know the south stops at Richmond going north and at Gainesville going south.

Posted · Report post

Saw a report last night that he might have "the Thing" otherwise known as Steve Blass disease that guys like Ankiel and Wohlers got. I haven't seen Gonzales pitch this year but they were saying is in incapable of throwing strikes and has no control over where the ball is going.

It seems like he can barely throw now. Sure glad we gave all that money.

Posted · Report post

Can someone please explain to me why the Braves have such a hard time hitting Kyle Kendrick?

Great game last night (although I didn't like the outcome). Hopefully tonight we get a complete game out of Halladay and you never see our bullpen. Hudson vs. Halladay should be a good battle, having great seasons so far.