Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

478 posts in this topic

Posted

I agree. But I wish the Braves had even better support.

You made the mistake of using city population. Metro population is a better indicator of a city's true size.

Atlanta has a metro population of over 5.4 million. (9th in the US)

Philly has a metro population of over 5.8 million. (5th in the US)

In other words, Atlanta & Philly are roughly the same size.

Damnit, man. I didn't "make the mistake", I intentionally used City not Metro area to skew the stats in my favor. Way to help JR prove his point.

Posted

Posted

I like this one mostly for the sweet Brad Lidge shirt. You think they still sell those?

c9zm4.jpg

Posted

Posted

I was thinking, back when Philly started surging and coming on well, that eventually this division will go back and forth the rest of the way. One week, Philly will have full control. The next, Atlanta will have full control. This is going to be tight down to the wire!

Posted

cream.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

And I will save you some time faultlessjoint......here are some of the best fans in baseball when we took the NL lead in the 8th inning....:D

500x_photo.jpg

Posted

Sweet stealthy boobgrab.

Posted

This thread sure has died out recently........

Posted

This thread sure has died out recently........

Well the Braves haven't played baseball recently

Posted

It's been a rough two weeks. Panthers and Braves have been killing me. I mostly blame myself, though. I've been busy moving apartments. Haven't really been watching much of the games. I need to do my part and be a better fan if the braves are even going to make the playoffs.

That said, I think I'm going to go to all three games this weekend. It's make it or break it time. They need to sweep the nats. I'll be doing my part. Hopefully, the offense will do theirs.

Posted

I can't believe the cubs managed to win that game last night. I was out hanging out with my girlfriend, and just checked my phone periodically to catch an update.

at dinner....3rd inning, 0-0....."They're off to a slow start."

drinks at a bar.....5th inning, 0-0....."Hmmm, gotta pitching duel going on"

arrive at her place.....7th inning, 0-0....."Come on Cubs, you just need 1. You can do this."

a little later.....9th inning, 0-0....."FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, JUST SCORE ONE RUN!!!1!!!!11!"