Photo
- - - - -

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
475 replies to this topic

#16 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

Everytime he gets down in the count, and they bait him with a low breaking ball and he swings over it every time as it hits the dirt.

He needs to be more patient. And they need to stop playing his first HR highlight every single commercial break.

#17 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

Well the feed from Time Warner cut out at the top of the 7th, so thanks a lot. I'm sitting here staring at a black screen. Ugh...

#18 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 08:15 PM

Too many men stranded today, imo. Great pitching today by both bullpens, but that was tough to watch that long of a game and lose.

Oh well, hopefully we can get em tomorrow night, because it's gonna be tough vs. Lincecum

#19 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

FWIW, I can't stand Melky Cabrera

If I were Cox, this would be my lineup

Prado
Escobar
Chipper
McCann
Glaus
Heyward
Diaz
McClouth

#20 Freeze

Freeze

????

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

I have been searching the internet for years trying to find a decent Atlanta Braves message board. Ideally one that is like the huddle but for the Braves baseball. I have found nothing but garbage sites, most of the time hosted by some big media outlet (ESPN, CBS, etc.). They all suck donkey balls and I am disappointed in my lack of quality braves discussion.

It seems as though there are not too many people interested in baseball here and even fewer braves fans (Growing up I thought everyone from the southeast was a braves fan, but apparently not). Anyways, since so few people post here, I figured it would be best to just have one thread to discuss anything/everything braves related.

I have feeling this might become me just having a conversation with myself, but I figured it was worth a shot.

There are decent Braves messages boards without many trolls out there. I could send you a link to the ones I frequent if you want me to.

#21 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

There are decent Braves messages boards without many trolls out there. I could send you a link to the ones I frequent if you want me to.

Yeah, that'd be awesome.

#22 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,505 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:59 PM

Prado is on fire to start the season. That guy is Mr. Consistent. Good to see Heyward bounce back with a good game. Lowe was able to get away with a lot of walks tonight.

#23 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:40 PM

Good game? That's an understatement. He was 3/3 and walked the 4th time. Talk about a rebound from 0 for 5 from the day before.

Lowe never got in a rhythm and I have no idea how he held them to 1 run. But yeah, Prado is crazy awesome right now. The best part is, not only is he like the best batter in the NL right now, but he's been really good defensively at 3B in Chipper's absence.

#24 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,693 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:39 PM

He's a perfect #2....GET A LEADOFF HITTER DAMMIT.

#25 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:35 PM

You don't like Nate "Might as well be the pitcher batting" McClouth?

#26 PanthersFanNY

PanthersFanNY

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 03:37 PM

Question for you Braves fans...

Is Mike Gonzalez really this bad?

#27 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 10:39 PM

Didn't think we would be a Giants squad with Lincecum getting the start. We had it for a while but we couldn't get the bats going again.

At least Heyward hit #3.

#28 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

Question for you Braves fans...

Is Mike Gonzalez really this bad?

I want to say 'No, he isn't' but i'm really not sure at this point. I feel like he never made a full recovery from good ol' Tommy Jone. In '07 before he went down he was pitching lights out. After he came back he'd show flashes of his previous dominance, but I felt like he lost any kind of consistency. He also seemed to have more trouble in high pressure situations.

FYI - Back before the surgery he didn't do that rocking back and forth motion. He still started his windup from the same position but he was standing still not rocking. I don't know why he started doing that.

#29 Implied Volatility

Implied Volatility

Evil Speculator

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:26 PM

It'd be nice if the Braves take 2 of 3 against San Diego.

Hopefully, the offense helps out Jurrjens tonight by scoring some runs.

#30 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:27 PM

So much for that, luls. 17-2.

I thought this team would be a team that scores a lot of runs, but has trouble with giving up runs. Not because of poor fielding, but just because our starting pitchers are so-so.

It seemed it would go that way in the first game vs. the Cubs but our bats just suck right now. Especially with runners in scoring position.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com