Photo
- - - - -

Official Atlanta Braves Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
475 replies to this topic

#311 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:32 PM

So is our line-up set or do we make a trade for another outfielder? If Diaz can stay hot, McLouth return to last seasons form, and Heyward break out of this slump, then I'd say we're set and don't need to make any moves.

I'm confident Diaz will produce, however I'm not so sure about Nate and Heyward. The outfielders names who I hear mentioned as possible targets the most are Dejesus, Cody Ross, Josh Willingham, Marlon Byrd, and Corey Hart.

Dejesus - I would say a good fit. Braves and Royals have a history of trading with each other. Although kinda expensive.

Ross / Willingham - Tied for most likely. Similar stats, and affordable. But will they actually provide much of a benefit? Hinske/Diaz should stay in left and Heyward in right. Neither of these guys can play center, or at least I don't think they can.

Byrd - He's the real deal. Can play CF. I would want him the most. But cubs will want too much for him. Unlikely.

Hart - Can't play center. Will come with a huge price tag, and very well could be having a fluke season.

In conclusion, I think I want the Braves to stay pat. Melky has been doing good since May. I really don't see us being able to acquire anyone but Ross/Willingham without giving up too much and I don't think either of those guys will provide significant improvement. I say we put our money on Melky/Diaz/Hinske/McLouth/Blanco/Heyward and ride that poo out.

#312 BF91

BF91

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

Willingham > Ross, I don't see how you can say they have similar stats when they're nowhere close.

#313 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:59 PM

So is our line-up set or do we make a trade for another outfielder? If Diaz can stay hot, McLouth return to last seasons form, and Heyward break out of this slump, then I'd say we're set and don't need to make any moves.

I'm confident Diaz will produce, however I'm not so sure about Nate and Heyward. The outfielders names who I hear mentioned as possible targets the most are Dejesus, Cody Ross, Josh Willingham, Marlon Byrd, and Corey Hart.

Dejesus - I would say a good fit. Braves and Royals have a history of trading with each other. Although kinda expensive.

Ross / Willingham - Tied for most likely. Similar stats, and affordable. But will they actually provide much of a benefit? Hinske/Diaz should stay in left and Heyward in right. Neither of these guys can play center, or at least I don't think they can.

Byrd - He's the real deal. Can play CF. I would want him the most. But cubs will want too much for him. Unlikely.

Hart - Can't play center. Will come with a huge price tag, and very well could be having a fluke season.

In conclusion, I think I want the Braves to stay pat. Melky has been doing good since May. I really don't see us being able to acquire anyone but Ross/Willingham without giving up too much and I don't think either of those guys will provide significant improvement. I say we put our money on Melky/Diaz/Hinske/McLouth/Blanco/Heyward and ride that poo out.

Stay pat but if anyone goes it should be McLouth.

#314 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2010 - 09:17 AM

Willingham > Ross, I don't see how you can say they have similar stats when they're nowhere close.

Willingham: .277 / 15 / 49
Ross: .280 / 7 / 46

You're right they're not as close as I thought. I was being hasty and just looking at Avg/HR/RBI, in which case they are pretty comparable except for Willingham has more HRs. However if you look at obp/slg/ops then Willingham has quite the advantage.

Willingham: .404 / .490 / .894
Ross: .332 / .408 / .740

Good call.

#315 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

Blessed.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Great seeing Heyward get 3 hits(2 doubles), and JJ continues to pitch well. Got the best record in the NL, and a 7 game lead over the Phils, and pending the final of that Mets-Dbacks game(Dbacks were leading), we should have a 6.5 game lead over them. Just need to keep on winning

#316 BF91

BF91

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

Two of Wren's special assistants were at the Marlins game today to scout players, presumably Cody Ross. With his ability to play CF and crush LHP, he's a good fit for the team.

#317 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

It was nice to see JJ get his revenge, the Padres roughed him up earlier in the season when he wasn't himself!

#318 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 July 2010 - 12:05 AM

lol @ walking to pitch to one of the hottest hitters in baseball. Diaz delivered.

#319 Joscott

Joscott

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:13 AM

I'm still waiting on the Nate McOut situation to end. We sent Blanco down for this guy?

#320 C-A-T-S

C-A-T-S

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:18 AM

I'm still waiting on the Nate McOut situation to end. We sent Blanco down for this guy?

Maybe we can trade him to the Marlins for Cody Ross!:D