Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tanking the season

165 posts in this topic

Posted

Hoover was far above average when he played and was recognized by some as one of the best fullbacks in the league. Obviously he was getting injury prone but not someone who is easily replaced. I really think he was let go partly because he was so verbal in supporting Delhomme. As for the running game we are not really missing anyone else other than Vincent so the running game is likely the only part that won't change that much.

And what we have shown is that we run the ball whether it works or not. We are more of a persistent running team than a consistent running team.

As for not suffering in the run game it remains to be seen.

Remains to be seen? We already saw what it was like without Hoover, we were fine. Fimmeta and sutton have another year under there belt. So I cant see how we'd dropped at all.

How are we not consistent. We have a overall 4.8 rushing yds per attempt, second in the nfl.

Posted

We could have gotten alot of guys who would make us better. But lets keep watching. I hope I am wrong but I expect us to pass over a bunch more guys who will be available and could help the team. It isn't business as usual and that is what you will figure out. We are going on the cheap and will take guys you never heard of and no names. Is that always bad? Depends on who you get instead. There is a difference between fiscal responsibility and going on the cheap. Lets be honest. where we losing money before? No!! We were one of the haves and with PSLs locking in all the seats we will continue to be. There is no reason to go on the cheap this year other than Richardson's desire to set the example when the owners go into negotiations. Right now we have to be 20-30 million under the 2009 cap even with all the dead cap money we lost with Jake and the veterans we cut.

Lets be realistic here. We aren't going after Haynesworth because of the draft picks it would cost. Plus with our budget 13 million for 3 years is more than we are paying any of our defensive linemen right now. And Brown never even got here. Wiser teams like NO and Tampa were way ahead. And Boldin was too much money plain and simple. All the other excuses are just that. Excuses for the FO because they are handcuffed by Richardson crusade to go cheap.

Your not a sheep because you disagree with me, you are a sheep and that is why you disagree with me. You just eat the crap being fed you and blindly believe that everything will be fine. And yeah you are parroting the FO and looking through rose colored glasses. Looking down the road waiting for Hurney to pull out a rabbit.

Hey don't despair maybe Hurney and Fox will make it happen and everything will be alright. I hope the draft is wildly successful and everything falls our way. And no you don't see the warts nor are you a great judge of talent or you wouldn't have argued for pages that who we lost was average and easily replaced. But I am done for this thread and will move on. Beating a dead horse for pages with no resolution or change in opinion is boring at best and annoying at worse. Its a beautiful day so I will sit out on the deck in the hot tub drinking a beer. Hope your evening is good too.:cheers2:

Lol. First of all, pretty much your entire argument is based on your own assumptions...despite having only a very limited amount of information to base them on. It's easy to make general statements about moves/non-moves, but without knowing the reason for those decisions, any opinion is empty. That doesn't mean they're not worthy of discussion on a message board, but they also shouldn't be stated as facts, and eventually lead to insults and frustration when others don't agree.

Sure, I agree that we are letting some guys go to cut a bit of salary, but how is that different than every other year. The only thing different is the fact that with the uncapped year, we were able to get rid of a couple more bad contracts than is normal. But even then, we have guys in place that the staff likes and feels can step up...whether you agree or not. Not only that, they understand that we still have the draft and post-draft FA/trades available to fill any holes...which, again, is fairly standard practice with this team.

To me, the problem is not that we are sheep for understanding this and patiently waiting to see how everything plays out, but some people's inability to recognizing that there is a bigger picture than their own opinion. Do I think Hurney is going to pull a rabbit out of his hat? No. Want to know why? Because we don't need a rabbit. We just need a few key pieces to fill in the gaps, and we should be fine. At least one decent receiver, another DT, and then fill in the depth. And before you put any words in my mouth, I am not saying all we need are those two positions and everything will be hunky-dory. We also need another DE to rotate with Brown, a vet QB to backup Moore, one or two backup LB, a returner (who I hope will be the same player as the WR), possibly another WR, DT, FB depending how the staff views guys that are currently on our roster. Heck, maybe even another CB. My position is simply that I understand the moves so far, and am willing to wait and see what they ultimately do before passing judgment.

Now I do agree with you in that it's time for this thread to end since we have begun to seriously digress from the main point.

Posted

Remains to be seen? We already saw what it was like without Hoover, we were fine. Fimmeta and sutton have another year under there belt. So I cant see how we'd dropped at all.

How are we not consistent. We have a overall 4.8 rushing yds per attempt, second in the nfl.

b/c if we were, we would have won games like the Miami one for example.

Posted

I mean obviosly we aren't trying to win... I have it on good authority that we want to lose 32 straight games overthe next two years to shut up those cocky ass Lions!

Posted

b/c if we were, we would have won games like the Miami one for example.

If were talking about running more in certain situations then I would understand. However Im under the assumption he meant we don't consistenly get production, and are more of a persistent push and push and a get small yards team.

Posted

so are we looking to just fill spots with warm bodies? :confused:

Where in my post did I say we were going to fill our roster with warm bodies. Do the F__ing math. 44 + 8 is 52 add Hudson and Aaron Francisco and we are at 54 on over the allowable final roster limit of 53. Meaning as usual we will have to cut a decent player.

Add the fact that we ALWAYS add a couple decent UDFA we always have to cut a good player.

If you don't have a decent comment STFU. A$$HOLE!!!!!:dita:

Posted

Where in my post did I say we were going to fill our roster with warm bodies. Do the F__ing math. 44 + 8 is 52 add Hudson and Aaron Francisco and we are at 54 on over the allowable final roster limit of 53. Meaning as usual we will have to cut a decent player.

Add the fact that we ALWAYS add a couple decent UDFA we always have to cut a good player.

If you don't have a decent comment STFU. A$$HOLE!!!!!:dita:

little sensitive arent we??:D

so you think the squad we have current is a great squad? udfas are warm bodies. most wont make the team or will be on practice squad. just because we have been lucky with a couple doesnt mean we will always have such luck.

Posted

I believe i listed 10 or 12 players I thought were "warm Bodies" Including Hudson. Go look at the roster and see how many GOOD players I selected. Instead of running your mouth check it out. You'll see most of the 44 players I listed will be a Panther in 2010. Add the 8 draft picks who almost always make the team. We are looking to fill one or two spots.

Not sensitive at all. Just tired of smart A$$es like you who like to post counter comments just for the sake of being an A$$

Posted

I believe i listed 10 or 12 players I thought were "warm Bodies" Including Hudson. Go look at the roster and see how many GOOD players I selected. Instead of running your mouth check it out. You'll see most of the 44 players I listed will be a Panther in 2010. Add the 8 draft picks who almost always make the team. We are looking to fill one or two spots.

are you basing this on draft picks we havent even picked yet? what if we pick 3 wr or no wr? not likely to happen. but to base it on the draft where anything can happen is crazy. i can run my mouth all i want on this board , thats why this is america. i asked you a simple question and you went off like a chick on her period. i didnt curse or say anything out of the way to you.

Posted

are you basing this on draft picks we havent even picked yet? what if we pick 3 wr or no wr? not likely to happen. but to base it on the draft where anything can happen is crazy. i can run my mouth all i want on this board , thats why this is america. i asked you a simple question and you went off like a chick on her period. i didnt curse or say anything out of the way to you.

More stupid comments. Go look at our recent draft choices. How many have we cut? NONE. So based on our recent trend you could conclude that the 8 choices we make in 10 days will make the team.

No I went off cause you ran your mouth like a bitch interfering in a conversations she knew nothing about. If you can't comment with some fact,, Be like a good little bitch and keep your mouth shut.

Posted

More stupid comments. Go look at our recent draft choices. How many have we cut? NONE. So based on our recent trend you could conclude that the 8 choices we make in 10 days will make the team.

No I went off cause you ran your mouth like a bitch interfering in a conversations she knew nothing about. If you can't comment with some fact,, Be like a good little bitch and keep your mouth shut.

oh look a internet tough guy! next you are going to tell me to meet you some where to show me how tough you are. guess what?? who cares? there is nothing you can do about me on this board!!! i can type whatever i want and you cant do anything about it!:D whats funny is that you could have answer my question just as simply as i answered yours. after you finish beating your wife , think about this, i said warm bodies because the people you listed havent even contributed to the team this year. also you think draft picks are going to come in and make huge impacts in the holes we have to fill this year? really?

Posted

oh look a internet tough guy! next you are going to tell me to meet you some where to show me how tough you are. guess what?? who cares? there is nothing you can do about me on this board!!! i can type whatever i want and you cant do anything about it!:D whats funny is that you could have answer my question just as simply as i answered yours. after you finish beating your wife , think about this, i said warm bodies because the people you listed havent even contributed to the team this year. also you think draft picks are going to come in and make huge impacts in the holes we have to fill this year? really?

Nope would be a waste of my time. Don't beat my wife so keep my family out of it. If you had any reading comprehension you would see the names I listed were NOT part of my 44. In other words NON Contributors. But you are in such a hurry to post your negative comment you didn't comprehend what I wrote.

Most of our rookies if they don't end up starting fill important depth roles. Am I wrong? Do you not follow this team as close as you think you do?

So for your homework go back and RE-READ Dick and Jane. Reading is fundamental. You should try it sometime.