Tanking the season

• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#61 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:13 PM

the reason why people are so agianst rebuilding is because to most it carries a negative view. but it doesnt always.

I am not against rebuilding. I think Carolina is on a path to be great. Not sure why people can't handle Carolina intentionally setting the stage for a possible down year for the greater good.

#62 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

I find it hard to believe that a lame-duck coach with a team that has such a talented young nucleus of players as we do isn't interested in winning. Here's my predictions for the 2010 season:

1) We finally draft what will turn out to be an NFL caliber receiver.
2) Said WR wins #2 job in camp, pushing DJ to 3rd WR
3) Connor wins SLB job, Beason+Davis push him and we end the season with the best 4-3 LB core in the NFL. (not sure how that'd be measured though)
4) Rookie WR has better season than Colberts in every category that matters
5) Moore has a mid-90's (93-97) passer rating
6) DWill goes for 1200 yards, JStew 1250
7) Fiametta blows someone up on a nationally televised game (hopefully Pep Vs. CHI)
8) Everette Brown narrowly misses double-digit sacks
9) Godfrey leads team in INT's
10) Otah makes PB (pro bowl, not peanut butter)
11) Kalil does too
12) We have a winning record but an injury to a key starter screws us sometime late in the season (week 14+), which prevents us from playoffs.
13) Fox gets extension

and there was much rejoicing.

#63 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:20 PM

I find it hard to believe that a lame-duck coach with a team that has such a talented young nucleus of players as we do isn't interested in winning. Here's my predictions for the 2010 season:

1) We finally draft what will turn out to be an NFL caliber receiver.
2) Said WR wins #2 job in camp, pushing DJ to 3rd WR
3) Connor wins SLB job, Beason+Davis push him and we end the season with the best 4-3 LB core in the NFL. (not sure how that'd be measured though)
4) Rookie WR has better season than Colberts in every category that matters
5) Moore has a mid-90's (93-97) passer rating
6) DWill goes for 1200 yards, JStew 1250
7) Fiametta blows someone up on a nationally televised game (hopefully Pep Vs. CHI)
8) Everette Brown narrowly misses double-digit sacks
9) Godfrey leads team in INT's
10) Otah makes PB (pro bowl, not peanut butter)
11) Kalil does too
12) We have a winning record but an injury to a key starter screws us sometime late in the season (week 14+), which prevents us from playoffs.
13) Fox gets extension

and there was much rejoicing.

They ate their minstrels, and there was much rejoicing!! YEAH!!!

#64 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:23 PM

I am not against rebuilding. I think Carolina is on a path to be great. Not sure why people can't handle Carolina intentionally setting the stage for a possible down year for the greater good.

The fact that you want to call their cutting dead weight as a sign of rebuilding isnt crazy. What you have said that is absolutely absurd is that the panthers are sacrifcing this season intentially and Fox knows he's as good as fired and that his input on the roster has been taken away from him but yet he's still sticking around anyway.

#65 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:30 PM

The fact that you want to call their cutting dead weight as a sign of rebuilding isnt crazy. What you have said that is absolutely absurd is that the panthers are sacrifcing this season intentially and Fox knows he's as good as fired and that his input on the roster has been taken away from him but yet he's still sticking around anyway.

cutting dead weight isn't a problem.....how they addressed (or not addressed) those spots is what shows they are rebuilding.

Fox knows he is gone. Seriously, please tell me why Fox is in a lame duck season then? I never said his input has been taken away....I just said JR has set some rules for Fox/Hurney to operate within.

#66 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:33 PM

Don't worry gaiz...John Fox is a top 10 Coach and Marty Hurney is a top 10 GM with a top 5 owner in Jerry Richardson. They got this!

#67 Panthers128

Panthers128

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,283 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:35 PM

I personally feel the team is trying to tank the season in hopes of getting a high draft pick after the missed season due to CBA.

That doesn't mean I want the team to lose. It also doesn't mean I don't intend to support the team next year. I just am not getting my hopes up like I did for this previous season where my hopes were crushed every week basically.

Will be happy to be proven wrong. Actually am praying for it.

#68 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

With the running backs we have, 130 yds a game is a joke. The games Hoover was out, we went 1-4, including losses to Buffalo and Miami. And Fiammetta was so horrible, he didn't start some of those games.

So was Jake :)

#69 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:44 PM

what other team has done what we have done? what teams has done this in the past? :confused:

The patriots and steelers do the same thing. However they are considered smart when they do it. It's also not called rebuilding, they call it reloading or moving toward the future.

#70 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

You say they are on the path to be great. But the guys that have laid the groundwork for them to be great are in a lame duck situation:confused:

#71 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,392 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:51 PM

You say they are on the path to be great. But the guys that have laid the groundwork for them to be great are in a lame duck situation:confused:

Fox has a boss....and his boss has done a lot of talking to him the past couple seasons. There is nothing about Fox that suggests the youth movement and change was all his idea. Fox is carry out the plans for the organization...

#72 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

The patriots and steelers do the same thing. However they are considered smart when they do it. It's also not called rebuilding, they call it reloading or moving toward the future.

when did the patriots are steelers jettison most of there vets and have no first round pick and were inactive mostly in fa except for special teams starters?

#73 thejimmy

thejimmy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:57 PM

4. wait for white noise poo posters to drown out anyone who would disagree with you
5. drink deeply from a 40 oz can of Ballz and stroke your neck beard

I am on the floor, laughing so hard I'm crying.

Absolutely hilarious!

#74 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 01:58 PM

Dude go back and read my thread about fox/hurneys creation. He and Hurney have built our current roster to the best of their ability. They will continue to do so until training camp starts. If they fail, they should and probably will be fired. If they do good then they will recieve extensions.

But once again to say decision on whether or not to fire fox has been made already is fuging stupid. Whats even dumber than that is them handicapping him by forcing him to cut vets that he didnt want to cut, so that he could be set up for failure. Then you think he and Hurney don't have the power to trade next years draft choices because it may make the team better this year vs. waiting till next year to make them better under a different staff?? I think your reaching real hard here

#75 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

With the running backs we have, 130 yds a game is a joke. The games Hoover was out, we went 1-4, including losses to Buffalo and Miami. And Fiammetta was so horrible, he didn't start some of those games.

If my math was right we averaged 144 yards a game in hoover's absence. I compared his missed games to our stats in those games. NFL.com if you want to check.

Hoover only started three games.

What game in that 1-4 streak would we have won had Hoover been in?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com