Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blue Heaven

Edgerrin James

38 posts in this topic

This Cardinal fan would trade you two Edges for 2008's D. Williams. I wanted the Cardinals to draft Mendenhall or Stewart in the first round this year to replace Edge (but in retrospect am glad we took DRC and got Hightower in the 5th). But I'll just say this...since Edge got his starting job back I have never seen him run anything close to what he's done the last 2 games. He looks like the old Colt's Edge. Maybe that's just one of our desert mirages, but he is playing for pride, for resume (almost a sure thing he'll go to another team next year) and he's got plenty of playoff experience.

You're right though. I've chuckled at all the media saying because of 2 games we're now "balanced". On offense this game is about Warner and Fitz/Boldin/Breaston/Urban/Doucet.

They may have had more of a run game, but they didn't do anything to prove that they can play at a high or even good level on the road.

I'm just a little pissed off at espn and nfl network because you got all day to talk football and all the panthers get is a couple highlights of double trouble...I don't know if anyone saw Gary Williams from "the page" on Espn yesterday but I really liked how he stepped up to defend the home team..

Seems to me that those folks who need sportcasters to acknowledge their team or give them respect also look outside in their own lives for acceptance or praise. It is a good thing our players and team have a much firmer grasp on their potential and self worth. Shallow people need flattery to boast their ego. Those who know their potential perservere in spite of other's opinions and criticism.

In other words if you have a pair of balls you know what you can do. You do your job despite what people think or say. Good thing our players aren't as needy as most of the fans here who whine about a lack of respect. I personally hope everyone hates us and roots against us. When we kick their ass it makes it even sweeter.

Grow a pair and quit your whining. It is embarrassing to the rest of us!!!

Yeah we never get the love like everyone else but the hell with it -- I have enough without the sportscasters!! ;)

Seems to me that those folks who need sportcasters to acknowledge their team or give them respect also look outside in their own lives for acceptance or praise. It is a good thing our players and team have a much firmer grasp on their potential and self worth. Shallow people need flattery to boast their ego. Those who know their potential perservere in spite of other's opinions and criticism.

In other words if you have a pair of balls you know what you can do. You do your job despite what people think or say. Good thing our players aren't as needy as most of the fans here who whine about a lack of respect. I personally hope everyone hates us and roots against us. When we kick their ass it makes it even sweeter.

Grow a pair and quit your whining. It is embarrassing to the rest of us!!!

What is up with you dude? For one you don't know what the players are doing behind closed doors so don't get on here acting like the fans are wrong for wanting a little national publicity and believe it or not the players want it also just ask Kenny "Burnt toast" Lucas..do you even watch espn? Or should I say why do you even watch espn? Do you have a man crush on Emmit Smith or something? Slurp Slurp:Yawn:

Anyway you look at it, their team finally ran to set up the pass. It's not part of the Cardinals routine, and it proved effective against the Falcons. The actual number of rushing yards isn't important.

knowing Ryans snap count was more important IMO. The Falcons never had a good run stopping team. Also Why has no one said that the in the regular season the Falcons sucked on the road.

What is up with you dude? For one you don't know what the players are doing behind closed doors so don't get on here acting like the fans are wrong for wanting a little national publicity and believe it or not the players want it also just ask Kenny "Burnt toast" Lucas..do you even watch espn? Or should I say why do you even watch espn? Do you have a man crush on Emmit Smith or something? Slurp Slurp:Yawn:

Obviously you need a little attention jumping into the conversation. As for your comments, try to be a little more coherent and relevant. Feel free to stick around though, you might learn something. After all this is a football forum and a number of us know what they are talking about. Maybe the solution for you is post less and read more. That way you won't appear as ignorant as you do.

As for ESPN other than the actual games, most of the commentary is not worth watching. Try Sirius- NFL channel perhaps listening to Pat Kirwin or guys like Dan Reeves who know what they are talking about.

As for knowing what the players want, I do pay attention to guys who talk to the players every day so I think I do know what they think or at least what they are telling others. And I read more in a day then you likely do in a month. Perhaps if you did read more before spouting off, you would know something too.

Why get all huffy over this? This had been a running theme all season. Some fan feels disrespected by the media and starts a thread to vent. And then another fan feels the need to call him out. Why? Just ignore it.

I try not to piss and moan about the media, be it about the lack of coverage or how the announcers suck or what ever. But I also don't go out of my way to piss on somebody who is just trying to figure it out.