Photo
- - - - -

NBA Playoffs Rd 1: Orlando Magic vs. Charlotte Bobcats

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1162 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (79 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Orlando Magic (32 votes [40.51%])

Percentage of vote: 40.51%

2. Charlotte Bobcats (47 votes [59.49%])

Percentage of vote: 59.49%

Vote

#1156 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Jax showed he wasn't a true leader and folded under pressure.

So did Gerald, and he's our only all star.

#1157 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

Larry Brown's response to a question about his future, "C'mon man...I ain't coaching anywhere but for Michael Jordan, and if I can work it out with my family."

Thats good to hear, I'd like to see LB stick around another year.

#1158 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:26 PM

Felton and Diaw were the downfall of this team... We pretty much depended on them all season long and that's why we were so inconsistent. If Felton or Diaw played above their average level, we won, if they played at their expected level we lost.

We're expecting too much out of them.

I felt bad for Felton looking at him at the end of the game. It was like the cameramen were purposely focusing on his face, like they knew it was all his fault lol.

I want to say bring him back b/c he's such a good guy, but it's hard to say that now. I know he'll be a lot cheaper to bring back after this series, but at this point, it does feel like the same situation that we had with Jake and the Panthers/John Fox. If we bring him back, we're holding DJ back and in turn, holding our whole team back, b/c I don't know how we would bring him back and LB sits him behind DJ. LB won't do it. So it may be best to just cut ties.

We may have won this series with DJ as the full time starter, or if we had TJ Ford. Which is pretty sad.

I'm mad at Jack, as he does turn the ball over at dumb times. But, a lot of that has to do with him creating his own shot b/c he doesn't have a PG/Ballhandler to get him easier shots, so he forces things. I don't hold the tech's against him either b/c I honestly just think his reputation is bigger than he is and the refs are waiting with the whistle in their mouth for him to say something.

Hendo, Derrick Brown and Tyrus need to get a whole lot more minutes next season. We have to try to move a big and Boris in a trade for a legit PG or post-scoring center. But I think PG is the biggest priority b/c you've seen what Chandler can do with a REAL PG in Paul. Changes have to be made through trades and some signings this offseason considering we don't have any picks in the draft.

#1159 Jackson 5

Jackson 5

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:11 AM

All teams have to start somewhere, it was a fun ride and journeying into the playoffs for the first time. I just wish we could have won one playoff game!:(

#1160 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:24 AM

All teams have to start somewhere, it was a fun ride and journeying into the playoffs for the first time. I just wish we could have won one playoff game!:(

The 1993 Orlando Magic led by future HOF big man Shaquille O'Neal and 90's all star point guard Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway were swept in their first playoff series by the Indiana Pacers.

The 2007 Orlando Magic led by all-star center Dwight Howard (and veteran wingman Grant Hill) were swept in his first playoff series by the Detroit Pistons.

We will learn from this and bounce back even stronger. :cool:

#1161 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2010 - 07:10 AM

Tough break. I can't wait to see what happens with the player contracts this season. CP3 and Bosh to Charlotte!

#1162 Crixtala

Crixtala

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2010 - 08:33 AM

Only went to about five minutes of the game since the offers on the street were poo for my tickets... walked in with Steve Smith and his wife. Never seen anybody walk with as much swagger as that man... geez.

Saw some guy with his kid heading for the upper levels, so I just gave him my tickets so he could go sit in the lowers and ran home to watch the rest of the game.

#1163 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

HUDDLER

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

King T, we know you love Jackson, it's OK, you are a homer and it's fine, every team needs them. But there IS a reason everyone ships this guy off. Don't tell me the constant bricks and turnovers and whining at the other end of the court does't happen. Yes a better PG would help but be honest, in the regular season Felton wasn't that bad and Jax was still doing stupid things like that. I'm not saying he didn't help us and probably get us to the playoffs, he had a really good game 1 out of every 3 or 4 games and that did help us. I'm saying he can't be our go-to guy, we need someone else and if it means dealing him to get that something else, we should do it.