• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#31 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:27 AM

He should be removed as Pope. How they would do that, I have no idea. While what he did is unforgivable, if he didn't actually molest anyone himself, then it's hard to find any charges other than 'obstruction' that would stick.

#32 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

►►►►►

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,878 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:28 AM

lol Richard Dawkins is the ultimate IRL troll

#33 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,257 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:33 AM

Suprise surpise you still believe something that you know to be completely wrong. no shock you're religious :)

Atheist don't hold a belief in god.

That doesn't mean they believe in nothing silly boy.

I wasn't brought up in a strict christian household so the whole rebelling against my upbringing isn't my cup of macchioto. I just buy wolf shirts. :conehead:

#34 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:35 AM

Panthro's Irish Catholic ancestry obligates him to take a half-hearted swipe at anything/anyone perceived as anti-Catholic.

#35 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,544 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

I wasn't brought up in a strict christian household so the whole rebelling against my upbringing isn't my cup of macchioto. I just buy wolf shirts. :conehead:

No you're still drinking the jesus kool aid. Have fun justifying your infallible pope.

#36 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,257 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:39 AM

Anti-catholicism is the last acceptable form of bigotry. Not that they aren't deserving of it after this and many other things

#37 The Saltman

The Saltman

I have Returned

• Moderators
  • 24,803 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:40 AM

u guys are funny

#38 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• HUDDLER
  • 9,850 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:40 AM

Panthro's Irish Catholic ancestry obligates him to take a half-hearted swipe at anything/anyone perceived as anti-Catholic.

Oh

I thought maybe he was just a fan of touching kids.

nvm

#39 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,257 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:41 AM

No you're still drinking the jesus kool aid. Have fun justifying your infallible pope.

So what exactly did Jesus teach that you are against? Not your parents, or your teachers, or the snake shaking strichnine drinking pastors but Jesus.

#40 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,257 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:42 AM

Oh

I thought maybe he was just a fan of touching kids.

nvm

I love me some baby goats.

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 34,632 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:44 AM

Is there a specific law about covering up molestation? If so, how does it apply internationally?

Legally speaking, this is pretty much untenable. It's a stunt, and it'd never hold up. Plus I seriously doubt that the guy suggesting this is doing so out of the "good of his heart" as much as just trying to take a swipe at the Catholic church.

That said, if it's true that he worked to cover up cases of molestation, I'd support his removal. But I don't see that happening either.

#42 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

Is there a specific law about covering up molestation? If so, how does it apply internationally?

Legally speaking, this is pretty much untenable. It's a stunt, and it'd never hold up. Plus I seriously doubt that the guy suggesting this is doing so out of the "good of his heart" as much as just trying to take a swipe at the Catholic church.

That said, if it's true that he worked to cover up cases of molestation, I'd support his removal. But I don't see that happening either.

That's the issue...it's the Mr. Garrison-loving Richard Dawkins. A prick extraordinaire.

As for legality...I could see where conspiracy could be used to try the Pope, but even then it would be hearsay.

As for any sort of removal...NPR was talking about how difficult it is just to defrock a PRIEST...let along a Bishop...Cardinal...whatever...and even the Pope.

#43 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,544 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:49 AM

So what exactly did Jesus teach that you are against? Not your parents, or your teachers, or the snake shaking strichnine drinking pastors but Jesus.

Well Christianity isn't completely based on Jesus' teachings. Christianity is based a lot on what Paul taught.
First i don't think we have any great representation of what Jesus actually taught. But going from the Bible I have a problem with his teachings of eternal suffering for people who sin that is one of the big ones and there are a lot of his teachings that just don't jive with reality.

Honestly I could go on for a while but am not in the mood to get into all that.

lol that you think i reject Christianity based on what I heard from my parents and pastors.

#44 Panther'sBigD

Panther'sBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:50 AM

Anti-catholicism is the last acceptable form of bigotry. Not that they aren't deserving of it after this and many other things

I thought it was just fat people that were the last unprotected class...

#45 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,544 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 10:51 AM

Yes it's called obstruction.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.