Photo
- - - - -

Continuing Attacking Gamble, Good Idea Or Bad Idea?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,200 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

Found this article on Gamble, check it out

http://www.heraldonl...ry/1049718.html

Havent been too many games where they just kept throwing to Gamble, that I remember. But the ones I remember, he picked up on it and almost had a INT. Chi game, he could have had 2. IMO, the Packers game... call it a INT or a strip cause it was one of them. He got burned by Driver, a few plays later he made that play reading the slant. He dropped a lot of potential INT, as well as our whole back field

Think its a good idea to test him all game?

#2 Blade

Blade

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:33 AM

Hell yeah, if it'll keep the ball from being thrown in Lucas' direction.

#3 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,200 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:35 AM

Lol, thats messed up to say. But I get you

But I mean from opposing teams stand point

#4 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,648 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 07 January 2009 - 12:49 AM

We rarely if ever put a corner on a receiver where ever he goes. It lets the offense control the defensive scheme as it assures we will playing man rather than zone, makes it more difficult for corners to reverse everything since they change sides of the field (like going from left tackle to right tackle), and can cause confusion if they use picks or rubs to get a man open.

If they go to a four receiver set and Fitzgerald starts to go nuts we are better off doubling him with a safety and taking our chances with one of the other guys particularly if Boldin is nicked up and less than 100%. We haven't been running alot of man defense anyway preferring a zone so I don't know if Darrin knows something we don't or is just needing material for a column. A game played in 2005 against a quarterback currently on our team against corners and a secondary that don't even play the same coverages as then, seems pretty irrelevant to the game coming up on Saturday.

#5 Fright

Fright

The best never rest.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Anyone ever think this bend, but don't break philosophy is a set up for the playoffs? I mean all the cards have to go by is the regular season games and we've had an extra week to throw in different looks on D. I think it'll be used in the first quarter or so and then it'll look totally different then what AZ has come to expect watching film after that. Who knows, maybe I'm dead wrong lol. I just can't really accept that Lucas has slipped this far off his game.

I was thinking like this only due to something both the Eagles and Ohio state both did in their last games that I seen. The eagles avoided running a screen (something they do a lot normally) until they really needed to put a dagger in Minni and it burned them for a long TD. Using something that works most when Minni. forgot about it.

Ohio state kept blitzing and waited for a play where Colt McCoy was playing aggressive and seen the slot guy uncovered against zone on a quick slant (which was open most all game for Colt). The guys blitzing both backed off at the snap and should have had an easy INT, as if they almost knew that Colt was going to the slot man against the zone and he played right into their D after it was open most all game.

I think we may let AZ think they have a lot going for them on certain plays and then when we most need it, we'll switch it up in our favor when we see they're going to attack the same spot again. Like I said, maybe I'm dead wrong, but it seems now days D's set up to make the offense do what they want when needed in the long run. This all could be lack of sleep talking too lol.

Edited by Fright, 07 January 2009 - 01:11 AM.

#6 beastson

beastson

Big Money

• HUDDLER
  • 9,200 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

Or AZ not running the ball, then finally decided to do it heading into the playoffs

#7 Fright

Fright

The best never rest.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

Exactly. Why I'm thinking our CB's will finally be let loose to try and get physical some plays. You have to think, they cover Smitty and Moose every practice, can they really be as bad as they seem sometimes????

#8 1789Cardiac Cats9020

1789Cardiac Cats9020

Keep it Simple Stupid

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

the Bend but not break philosophy usually isn't used in playoff panther football. I don't expect it this year either

#9 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 10:04 AM

I think the whole entire team will be playing better now in a playoff game, Lucas might come to reality and go back to normal and get a bit more pumped sense its a playoff game....although i don't know how he wasn't pumped in that game against the bucs in Charlotte where he got burned A LOT.

#10 SpeedOFLight

SpeedOFLight

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGreensboro NC

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

I think the whole entire team will be playing better now in a playoff game, Lucas might come to reality and go back to normal and get a bit more pumped sense its a playoff game....although i don't know how he wasn't pumped in that game against the bucs in Charlotte where he got burned A LOT.

To go to Lucas's defense, in the Bucs game it wasn't totally his fault. Even Marshall came out and let everyone know it wasn't. Marshall and Godfrey wasn't where they should have bee which caused Lucas to look silly out there. I expect a whole different D come sat. In front of our home crowd and on national tv with a chance to showcase what they can do to a top rated offense.

#11 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:58 AM

The artice was money! And i totally agree that the bend but break philosphy is over, to an extent..I have always been very vocal of my love for the way Fox Coaches in the playoffs. And as far as Lucas goes, i mentioned it earlier, the dude is getting worn down, i wish their was a way to tell how many passes have been thrown his way vs. Gamble's. I'm sure the bye week was huge for him and i fully expect him to show up saturday night. But as far as Gamble goes I have always loved the kid from day one, he's finally becoming what i always imagined he would be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com