Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

next Josh Cribbs???

5 posts in this topic

Posted

no, not Armanti Edwards, although I think he is going to be almost or as good as Cribbs. here is one guy that I've been watching for about 2 years. I'm, talking about Joe Webb from UAB. here are his stats from this year...

21 TD's, 8 INT's, 2,299 yards, 8.5 AVG, and a 59.8 completion percentage. you'r thinking...ok how is he the next Josh Cribbs? well, he ran a 4.4 40 at his pro day(at 6'3, 223 lbs). But most impressive, he rushed for 1,424 yards just this season. his average projection is anywhere from the late 6th to undrafted. I cant find any highlights of just him, but here are some team highlights.

he is #5

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=p9PsUH1fmJk&feature=related

Posted

impressive, could be worth one of our compensary picks if we dont get a WR that can also return kicks with early picks.

i wouldnt mind picking up a bigger receiver like Benn, and then looking for a pure KR in the later rounds. we need to fill moose's role as a bocker downfield to spring those long runs.

Posted

impressive, could be worth one of our compensary picks if we dont get a WR that can also return kicks with early picks.

i wouldnt mind picking up a bigger receiver like Benn, and then looking for a pure KR in the later rounds. we need to fill moose's role as a bocker downfield to spring those long runs.

I agree. however, I think we need a faster reciever. unless of course, we get Demaryius Thomas who reportedly ran a 4.39 at practice and can fill both roles at once. speaking of Thomas, to me he is a high risk-high reward kind of guy.

Posted

I agree. however, I think we need a faster reciever. unless of course, we get Demaryius Thomas who reportedly ran a 4.39 at practice and can fill both roles at once. speaking of Thomas, to me he is a high risk-high reward kind of guy.

yep. If Golden Tate was a great blocker he would be perfect. but i guess that is something they could work on. i really would like to see him here, smitty 2.0

Posted

yep. If Golden Tate was a great blocker he would be perfect. but i guess that is something they could work on. i really would like to see him here, smitty 2.0

yep. If Golden Tate, not this coming weekend, but next is wearing a Panther jersey...