Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiz

Why so many teams are switching to the 3-4 and what it means for the Panthers

53 posts in this topic

Cool, man.

I bet Foxy and Co. were thinking about this the whole time.

When Fiz grows up he wants to be at least half as knowledgeable as P55, although until then he'll always act like he knows twice as much. :)

Is there anyway to get statistics on the fox era panthers split up by 3-4 and 4-3 D's?

I like being a fan of a run first team personally.

We haven't done too well against 3-4 Ds, unfortunately. Last year, for instance, we lost to the entire AFC East, and all teams run a 3-4. Whenever we play Pittsburgh, we lose as well. There are other factors too, but I'm not sold on us playing against 3-4s.

Agree, the more teams follow the trend of re-tooling offenses to better defend the pass, the better our running game gets.

Just the other day, Charles Davis said NFL teams have gotten to the point of looking for 4 corners in the secondary instead of a run stuffing safety... advantage: us.

I don't think we need to switch to a 34 defense, but we do need to re-tool our secondary to make sure we have 4 guys back there than can cover. Harris is more of a traditional "in the box" safety, but last year there were occasions where we subbed Martin in to play pass coverage, so we're already adjusting. In the meantime, we should keep our offense as-is and cram the ball down the opponents throat.

Wow, p55 pwning Fiz...

p55 you should post this in the smack forum.

:D

1 person likes this

Wow, p55 pwning Fiz...

Nice Avatar. :cheers2:

Wow, p55 pwning Fiz...

how am I being owned?

brb gonna copy paste a bunch of stuff from wikipedia that doesn't contradict anything I said in the original post.

Do the Panthers change their scheme inside the 20s. No they still use the Tampa 2 which doesn't employ blitzing much.

never said they changed their scheme p55 sorry you can't read

Are more NFL teams using a spread offense. Given that a spread look can take many forms including what we run when we use 2 wideouts and 2 TEs, then the answer would be yes. But lets be honest, teams have been using variations of a spread offense for 20 years given that the WCO offense is a variation of a spread offense. This is nothing new.

never said more teams are using a spread, simply that passing rules have altered the way passing routes and QB play is being done.

Are there going to be a dearth of players for a 4-3 with more teams going to a 3-4. Not really.

never said there were!

are you specifically disagreeing with me or did you just want to copy and paste a bunch of stuff because if it's the latter congrats you did a great job.

Maybe you should make your own thread where you post the top results from google.

When Fiz grows up he wants to be at least half as knowledgeable as P55, although until then he'll always act like he knows twice as much. :)

Wow, p55 pwning Fiz...

seriously what are you two fuging on?