Photo
- - - - -

Why do so many Mock's got us drafting a DT?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#37 mick eye

mick eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 11:47 AM

Quanity does not equal quality...period. If so, we are 6 deep at WR as well, so why do we need another? We have a second rounder at WR which trumps the 5th and 7th rounder, three-fold, in terms of value we traded for our DTs.

Is that a 2010 2nd rounder? The 5th and 7th are 2010 picks. Our 6 WR's are
Steve Smith
Dwayne Jarrett
After this it gets kinda ugly.

Kenny Moore - 5th round cast off from the LIONS!!!
Wallace Wright - Undrafted special teams player.
Charly Martin - Undrafted cast off from the Chargers.
Dexter Jackson - 2nd round BUST. The Buccs tossed him.

With Wright and Martin more of special teams standouts and Jackson and Moore hometown refugees being salvaged from the scrap heap adding someone we feel can develop into something with a high pick is not a bad idea.

#38 mick eye

mick eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:02 PM

No Pro Bowl worthy? We have no guys we know are good enough to even step on the field and be average for a season. Bad depth means nothing....

If you aren't going to have a Peppers type DE....you need some pretty dang good play at the DT spots. And again, with all that depth you are talking about.....we don't even know if we have 2 that can be as good as Kemo/Lewis. We don't even know we have one good enough to start for us. And Kemo/Lewis wouldn't be good enough on a DL w/o a Peppers caliber DE.

Ye of little faith. So what your saying is you are smarter than the Panther's scouts and coaches that hand picked this ragtag group. Corvey Irvin was a 3rd round pick, Ed Johnson is being given a chance by his old coach, E. Brown was thought enough of for us to trade up to get, Charles Johnson is a 3rd round pick, Brayton is a first round pick that quietly had a very good season, Louis Leonard and Tank are young talented players that were in the wrong scheme recently. A DE is the only DLine position i see us pursuing. Matter of fact i am confident that DT,Safety, Linebacker, OL, RB, and CB are all out of the running for one of our early picks.
WR and DE being our main needs. These will be our targets in the 2nd and 3rd.

#39 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:12 PM

Because our starting Tackles consist of Tyler, Leonard, Irvin, Hayden and Johnson right now. That's lolworthy on the scale of Jarrett being our #2 WR.

#40 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:52 PM

No Pro Bowl worthy? We have no guys we know are good enough to even step on the field and be average for a season. Bad depth means nothing....

If you aren't going to have a Peppers type DE....you need some pretty dang good play at the DT spots. And again, with all that depth you are talking about.....we don't even know if we have 2 that can be as good as Kemo/Lewis. We don't even know we have one good enough to start for us. And Kemo/Lewis wouldn't be good enough on a DL w/o a Peppers caliber DE.

The exact same can be said for our DE's. Charles Johnson and Everette Brown have even less starting experience than our so-called "average DTs". The Panthers FO is banking on 2 our of 6 of our DTs to be able to start for us. We have seen enough of Brayton to know that he is nothing but a rotational DE at best.

#41 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:54 PM

Ye of little faith. So what your saying is you are smarter than the Panther's scouts and coaches that hand picked this ragtag group. Corvey Irvin was a 3rd round pick, Ed Johnson is being given a chance by his old coach, E. Brown was thought enough of for us to trade up to get, Charles Johnson is a 3rd round pick, Brayton is a first round pick that quietly had a very good season, Louis Leonard and Tank are young talented players that were in the wrong scheme recently. A DE is the only DLine position i see us pursuing. Matter of fact i am confident that DT,Safety, Linebacker, OL, RB, and CB are all out of the running for one of our early picks.

I think that's correct.. WR, DE will be our first two picks unless there is a QB that we absolutely can not pass up.. I don't agree with the QB pick, but for some reason I think the panthers are looking for a QB with one of our top picks.

#42 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:11 PM

I think that's correct.. WR, DE will be our first two picks unless there is a QB that we absolutely can not pass up.. I don't agree with the QB pick, but for some reason I think the panthers are looking for a QB with one of our top picks.

if colt mccoy is there do you take him?

#43 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:12 PM

I'm not claiming to be smarter than them. I agree with everything the Panthers are doing.

I am disagreeing w/ a certain pertcentage of fans who think the 2010 team is going to do anything or that the defense will be good.

#44 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

if colt mccoy is there do you take him?

I would not take Colt McCoy only because I believe he is strictly a West Coast QB in the mold of Matt Hasselbeck. He doesn't fit our current system. However, he did display some decent arm strength at his pro day. Plus, I am not sure how the FO feels about Moore.. if they feel he is the QB of the future, then I definately wouldn't take a QB in the 2nd round.

#45 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

HUDDLER

Posted 15 April 2010 - 07:42 PM

This is why we need a standout at DT in the second and since he left our DL hasn't been the same.

http://proxy.espn.go...tory?id=5075523