21 replies to this topic

#1 posthumecaver

posthumecaver

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:58 AM

Look to this comment...

"I went with Price to the Panthers in my last mock because they desperately need help at wideout and I have heard that is a guy they like. I don't see there being a quarterback available who is worthy of that pick in the middle of Round 2 but I guess defensive end could be a possibility. My money is on wideout for Carolina though"

http://www.draftcoun...e/4-15-2010.php

considering 48th pick may be little bit too high for this guy (and I read his name for Panthers from several sources, so there is some smoke), do u think a classic trade down comes for Panthers and may be a second 3rd rounder....

#2 Kyle82

Kyle82

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,867 posts
  • LocationRock Hill SC

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:03 AM

I can't see a trade down with us having too many holes to fill...Hurney/Fox will get the best availble player when our pick is up.

#3 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:07 AM

I think it's a risky move to trade down, even if Price shouldn't be taken that high at 48 we need another threat desperately it would be too risky to leave that to chance on a trade down and hope he's still there. Every year there is a position they say is so deep but on draft day that class get's taken up in the first two rounds because of teams reaching. If he's the guy you want and he's there, go for him.

#4 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:39 AM

I can't see a trade down with us having too many holes to fill...Hurney/Fox will get the best availble player when our pick is up.

Um, that's exactly why we WOULD trade down. Trading down = more picks to fill more holes...

#5 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:58 AM

Um, that's exactly why we WOULD trade down. Trading down = more picks to fill more holes...

what he means is that we have enough needs that the odds of us not having value at that pick (at either WR, DT, DE or maybe CB) are slim. Somebody in a position of need will fall to us and be good value.

#6 section543

section543

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:12 AM

Look to this comment...

"I went with Price to the Panthers in my last mock because they desperately need help at wideout and I have heard that is a guy they like. I don't see there being a quarterback available who is worthy of that pick in the middle of Round 2 but I guess defensive end could be a possibility. My money is on wideout for Carolina though"

http://www.draftcoun...e/4-15-2010.php

considering 48th pick may be little bit too high for this guy (and I read his name for Panthers from several sources, so there is some smoke), do u think a classic trade down comes for Panthers and may be a second 3rd rounder....

I hope so. I'm a big fan of trading down-especially in a draft like this one- with few elite players but 50-75 strong ones. Chances are good that the large, fairly equal group of receivers left at #48 would have some available late rd. 3 or early rd. 4. Why not trade with Cards( for #58 & 88) or anyone and get 2 shots at a good WR/KR (Price, Shipley, Gilyard, Lafell, Ford, Decker, Briscoe, McCluster- should all be available)or potential QB (Skelton, LeFevour) essentially for free.

#7 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:22 AM

i'm all for them drafting taylor price, and trading down seems like it could possibly work.

#8 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,891 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:24 AM

Posted Image

#9 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,541 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:18 AM

As far down as we already are, I can't see us going further.

Hurney does like doing draft day trades (he's done 11 of them) but I can't see trading back further from our current top spot. If we had a first rounder, maybe...

#10 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

I could see us trading down a few spots (and maybe getting back fifth rounder) if there isn't value at the spot we have and don't want to reach for a need.

#11 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Our 2nd rounder is pretty valuable this year. I think we could probably trade our 2nd for a future first, which I would absolutely love.

Don't think we'll trade down though. I see moving up to get a playmaker if one drops far enough(into the 2nd, that is.)

#12 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:32 AM

Fifth rounders are only valued in the 30's, mostly, which would only amount to sliding a few spots. The only hole in that theory is the Pats have the SECOND of thier 2nd round picks right before ours and if anyone wanted to move up, they would call them before us...unless Hurney starts putting out feelers first.

#13 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 38,541 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:37 AM

It's possible. I just don't think it'll happen.

#14 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

It's possible. I just don't think it'll happen.

Me either, because the possibility of no one at 48 with great value is slim to none. My only rationale is if there is a player left on the board that the FO likes and is darn near certain will be there 3-4 picks later AND find a willing partner to trade with in order to pull this off. I know they are bummed about the loss of that fifth round pick.

This is the year to pay the piper on the first rounder, beacuse they can't keep trading back into it indefinitely.

#15 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 12:04 PM

I have no clue. I can never figure Hurney out. One year he'll trade down and another he trades away future 1's for present 2's. So my draft board for Carolina consists of me drinking beer and throwing darts at my NFL Draft edition of Sporting News magazine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com