9 replies to this topic

#1 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

My wife has decided that she wants to go back to school in order to get a degree in zoology, minor in biology, with a focus on zoography and conservation.

Does anyone on here know of a few decent books she can pick up to start prepping her brain for the course load?

#2 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:24 PM

Im sorry this has nothing to do with books but it popped in my head when I read your thread.

#3 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

Alright...study the Bloodhound Gang....I may be able to help her out on this subject a lot more than I thought....

#4 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:49 PM

Alright...study the Bloodhound Gang....I may be able to help her out on this subject a lot more than I thought....

You will enjoy it a hell of alot more. ;)

#5 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

You will enjoy it a hell of alot more. ;)

Believe me, I'm not looking forward to constantly having to hear about things like the difference between a ferret and a weasel. But, she does let me ramble on about things like the difference between Soiux and Sumerian so I can't complain.

But if I can tie it in to music, then I'll at least have something to stand on.

#6 BMorgan

BMorgan

The Mad Mead Maker

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

What is she going to do or want to do with that degree?

#7 ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

Insane Racist Moron

• HUDDLER
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:06 PM

She's most interested in helping companies find ways to adapt their business plans in order to better cohabitate with local ecological systems. For instance, the large array of solar panels that they wanted to put out in the desert in California but it was stopped based on proximity to animals like the desert tortise and the burrowing owl.

#8 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,764 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 10:42 PM

Hopefully to create better marinades.

#9 Snake

Snake

swagaholic

• HUDDLER
  • 11,422 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:21 AM

She's most interested in helping companies find ways to adapt their business plans in order to better cohabitate with local ecological systems. For instance, the large array of solar panels that they wanted to put out in the desert in California but it was stopped based on proximity to animals like the desert tortise and the burrowing owl.

Yea I remember seeing that somewhere. They were wanting to like pipe water out there to cool off the part that stores the energy. The only thing they forgot was that most things in the desert dont swim very well.

#10 CosmoGirl

CosmoGirl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:57 AM

My wife has decided that she wants to go back to school in order to get a degree in zoology, minor in biology, with a focus on zoography and conservation.

Does anyone on here know of a few decent books she can pick up to start prepping her brain for the course load?

No, but I do have an uncle who is a Dr. of Zoology at California State University at Bakersfield. I bet he'd be willing to give her some insight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.