Photo
- - - - -

How DeAngelo Compares to the Greatest In History...

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

When looking at who's the best I don't think you can just look at the stats. You have to have watched them play and how they run. There are so many variables that determine stats. And if you're asking me who's the best right now, just from watching them play I think Deangelo is #1 or #2. His vision is second to none and he has moves reminiscent of Barry Sanders(who I think is the best of all time). He has a unique skill set that a lot of runners don't have. Chris Johnson is probably the best right now just because his top end is so damn high.

Edited by OneBadassCat, 18 April 2010 - 02:56 PM.

#32 jramsey4

jramsey4

"Blisters on me Fingers"

• HUDDLER
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:53 PM

When looking at who's the best I don't think you can just look at the stats. You have to have watched them play and how they run. And if you're asking me who's the best right now, just from watching them play I think Deangelo is #1 or #2. His vision is second to none and he has moves reminiscent of Barry Sanders(who I think is the best of all time). He has a unique skill set that a lot of runner don't have. Chris Johnson is probably the best right now just because his top end is so damn high.

Rep. Right on the money.

#33 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,888 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:56 PM

i don't think some people know how much an insult it is to try to compare any of today's RBs to jim brown.

Jim Brown was unbelievable. Teams knew he was going to run every down and were powerless to stop him.

The thing that blew me away when I found out a few years ago, Jim Brown is still regarded as the greatest lacrosse player to ever pick up a stick.

#34 Azteca

Azteca

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 02:58 PM

Deangelo will be remembered as one of the best of all time. Just not right now. 3 to 4 more years and there will be no more argument

#35 tacdiddy

tacdiddy

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:09 PM

i was at the packs panthers game in green bay it was awesome..my buddy tho was pissed hahaha good luck to the pack this year...arod is a helluva a qb ur lucky 2 have him

#36 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 11,888 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

Just so people understand.

#37 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:27 PM

No doubt in my mind if Stewart got the carries he could be the best in the NFL.

#38 Smitty Is Our Savior

Smitty Is Our Savior

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,473 posts
  • LocationUNC Chapel Hill & Wilmington

Posted 18 April 2010 - 03:30 PM

A lot of people don't think yards per carry is an effective method to measure a back's productiveness. I for one believe it is.

#39 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:04 PM

A lot of people don't think yards per carry is an effective method to measure a back's productiveness. I for one believe it is.

to measure production, yes.

to compare with the accomplishments of the greats, hell no.

deangelo has done nothing yet to even think about comparing him to HOFers.

#40 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 2,814 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:10 PM

I pray this thread is a joke...

Seriously, I love Williams but some of you guys seriously overrate him. He is no where NEAR the level of the great backs like Payton, Sanders, Brown, etc. and he likely never will be.

And this is based on what? His numbers are comparable. What more do you want to compare them with?

If he were to last 8-9 years he will be near the top of the all time ypc list. His total yards may be hindered because of the 2 back system that he seems to enjoy in Carolina.

Williams IMO has all the tools and drive to be one of the all time greats.

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,576 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hopefully. It'll be hard to pay DeAngelo, Stewart, Beason, and probably Davis. If Moore turns out to be a good QB, he'll earn his payday as well.

the really good thing is that you don't have to pay these guys on the same day. people who are saying we won't be able to keep all these guys forgets that little thing.

creative cap management can handle all of it.

#42 Guest_silver82blade_*

Guest_silver82blade_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:20 PM

Just so people understand.

what was that?? LOL! that's how people used to tackle back then?? that was awful! everyone was tackling like a 2nd string cornerback. 90% of them only used one arm. that was professional football? man, the game must've been boring back then. no way he's a top 20 all-time back. i had no idea that's the kind of competition he was up against.

#43 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

Resident Gator Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:24 PM

the really good thing is that you don't have to pay these guys on the same day. people who are saying we won't be able to keep all these guys forgets that little thing.

creative cap management can handle all of it.

True, but they will all make a significant amount any given year. This also gives us less room to bring in other talent. Or pay future proven talent.

#44 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:37 PM

what was that?? LOL! that's how people used to tackle back then?? that was awful! everyone was tackling like a 2nd string cornerback. 90% of them only used one arm. that was professional football? man, the game must've been boring back then. no way he's a top 20 all-time back. i had no idea that's the kind of competition he was up against.

Not sure if this is sarcasm. Jim Brown was one of the best ever. However you do have to consider that Brown was leaps and bounds more talented than about anybody at the time. He was a freak of his time. Not saying he was playing against scrubs but I don't he'd be able to bulldoze everyone in today's game. But at the same time he'd be playing with better equipment and better trainers, so who knows.

#45 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 4,902 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

Not sure if this is sarcasm.

it's not sarcasm.

it's ignorance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.