Photo
- - - - -

College of Charleston

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

#16 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 01:57 PM

I was in Chapel Hill when CofC won. I was laughing my ass off.

#17 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:13 PM

UNCW plays Charleston this week. Please go easy on my guys, we are rebuilding this year and it shows.

#18 CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:18 PM

UNCW plays Charleston this week. Please go easy on my guys, we are rebuilding this year and it shows.

I'm a big fan of Benny Moss. He's a Niner!!!!

#19 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 10:06 AM

You are referring to CofC going easy on UNCW correct? We (CofC) made this a great rivalry back a couple of years ago when UNCW came to Charleston and got beat with a 3 at the buzzer. I was at that game, front row of the student section when Drew Hill threw it up from half court and hit the three as time expired...one of my great memories from the student section. :lurk5:

The next year we came to Wilmington and put a hurting on you on you own court. I too was at that game. I think that was the same year UNCW won their division.

#20 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 12:30 PM

Pomeroy rankings have a pretty good season in the cards for us: 23-7. The losses include Davy (x2), UNC, WCU. The rest are unexpected losses. http://kenpom.com/sk... Charleston&t=p

#21 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:33 AM

I went to the CofC vs. Winthrop game last night. It was a great game, the score was close the whole night. The Cougs pulled it off over a desperate team with a one point victory.

On a side note, I got really good seats in the Winthrop Auditorium...only $8 a seat!

#22 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 23 December 2008 - 08:39 AM

Pretty sure you could've snuck down...or was it packed? lol

My bro finally showed up at 10 last night. Always late.

#23 thungerpiller30

thungerpiller30

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:52 PM

If South Carolina got another shot at them then the Gamecocks would win.

#24 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 11:58 PM

The ONLY bright spot for this weekend in Sports was that I visited the Carolina First Arena in Charleston for the first time. I saw my cougs beat Ga. Southern.

#25 Boner Champ

Boner Champ

Future Training Camp MVP

• HUDDLER
  • 5,462 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:03 PM

:party:

Ohh by the way, The Cougars defeated Davidson on Sat., ending Davidson's 43 conference game win streak (one win short of tying the NCAA all time winning streak in conference play). Great win for CofC, it came down to a buzzer beater by Stephen Curry, and he gets the shot rejected...game over! Classic finish, great slap in the face to Davidson. Here is a video of the last 3 minutes, great watch.

Ohh and Dicky V covered this game on ESPN2.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TidmKQQaq8"][/ame]

#26 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,692 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:10 AM

GO COFC!

Wish I had been able to make the alumni viewing party at BlackFinn the other night.

#27 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:17 AM

I'm pretty happy about all this. Unfortunately car shopping prevented me from watchin.

#28 J-Vic

J-Vic

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:29 AM

I feel sorry for Steph Curry. Countless times on Saturday (as well as most of the season) he creates an easy lay up or jump shot for someone on his team only to have the sorry bastards on his team either fumble the ball out of bounds or pass up a wide open look and dribble themselves into trouble.

Andrew Lovedale is the only player I've ever seen who thinks a defended 7 foot fade away is better than dunking the damn ball when noone is near you. Stephen Rossiter is easily the worst player in Division I.

Ben Allison is Davidson's best player outside of Curry and he doesnt get the playing time he should. He's the only player - other than Curry - that doesnt look like he's scared.

Davidson is probably looking at a 9 or 10 seed right now. If that happens they'll need to get matched up against another mid major school in the first round because a BCS school will kill them on the boards and probably eliminate them in the first round.

#29 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,517 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:36 AM

Davidson actually appears to fair better when they play better competition because their game plan is give Steph the ball at all times. He's the only one on the team that could play in any conference and on any team in the nation. The rest are SoCon players for a reason, he just slipped through the cracks. Whenever they play SoCon teams the rest of the team is actually worth something, but they're not very good against real competition.

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com